OCR Cribs (the "Post Pics of your Studio Area" thread!)

how long did it take for you to get the settings right so that all the knobs worked? i've tried a zillion enigma preset banks and haven't gotten one to work right yet.

Just set it up yourself, you have more configuring to do in FL Studio than by using midi, as a matter of fact you can't set anything up solely with midi aside from the transport buttons.

Set it up using "link to controller" then save it as your new project template.

how long did it take for you to get the settings right so that all the knobs worked? i've tried a zillion enigma preset banks and haven't gotten one to work right yet.
Might not be a FL thing. I'm in Sonar and as much as I want to love Enigma and the presets, I've stopped using them because to me it's easier and faster to just clear everything and setup the controllers manually.

I was gonna take a pic or two then post. But then I saw everyone else's posts. I got nothing. Really. All i have is a custom built machine, a GearBox, a couple guitars, a crummy cheap dynamic mic, and a drum machine that no matter how much help i get I cant get to fricken work!

I WANT ALL YOUR THINGS!!!!

i'll take the drum machine if you don't want it any more, i've always wanted to play with one.

Yeah, Brad, I don't bother trying to get any one sort of ultimate Axiom preset going or anything. I do have a template for my mod wheel, and you have to disable the "send pitch bend range" option in almost all the plugins (which you only have to do once), but I just assign the knobs and sliders as I need them. So kind of what Brandon's talking about--just starting with a "blank" template, so to speak that you can set to whatever you want/need for any project.

I suppose I could set a "universal" template or two if I ever felt the pressing need, but seeing as I have a zillion plugins and can never tell what I'm going to use in each song from the get-go, I don't bother.

Here's my bedroom studio:

2009-01-29_01_800x.jpg

The two tube amp heads on the floor are homebuilt by me, and they go to a speaker in a damped closet to the left, in which it's miked with an SM57. I don't have a mixer, the white MXR Micro Amp is my mic preamp. Note pre-school diploma on the wall.

Guitar galore in the living room:

2009-01-29_07_800x.jpg

Left to right: Fender '72 Telecaster Custom reissue, Samick Greg Bennett bass, '94 Hamer Archtop Studio, '62-style Frankenstrat, (in the chair) '93 Hamer Special, homebuilt pimp speaker cab, Danelectro U56 reissue. On the wall is a Spanish nylon string and an old '74 Yamaha.

Guitar galore in the living room:

Left to right: Fender '72 Telecaster Custom reissue, Samick Greg Bennett bass, '94 Hamer Archtop Studio, '62-style Frankenstrat, (in the chair) '93 Hamer Special, homebuilt pimp speaker cab, Danelectro U56 reissue. On the wall is a Spanish nylon string and an old '74 Yamaha.

Cool! Can you play them? :P