OCR Cribs (the "Post Pics of your Studio Area" thread!)

Haha yeah. I like to keep it tidy.

Haven't talked to you in a while, prophet. Those speakers would be the x530's. They're a pretty decent 5.1 surround sound system. I'm pretty sure they're not great for monitoring, but they sound nice :F

The keyboard in question does have a pitch bend over on the left of it. It's the Yamaha DGX-620. Josh C. Agarrado also happens to have the same keyboard. (The guy that arranges tons of anime music for piano lol)

First time posting pics. Need a mixer (getting this weekend maybe) and a big fucking monitor so I don't get eyestrain from my 14" laptop screen.

dscf2129l.jpg

dscf2131.jpg

dscf2135.jpg

80% of my CDs are some kind of metal, 10% is classical, the other 10% is everything else. No diversity ftw.

Will post instrument pics tomorrow.

Best Buy online was offering that monitor at $50 this past weekend and as usual, I missed the awesome sale >:(

50 OFF, mind you.

different websites generally have it on sale for 30 or 40 off, and it's almost always free shipping which saves another 15-20. you can find it for 180$ usually, and it's TOTALLY worth the money. works well for general use and gaming, it's got nice color but not the best blacks. but it's half the cost of any other monitor out there with the same real estate. and it's really close to being the same vertical size as my 17" square, which is handy because there's not a distortion effect between the two.

Okay, sure:

l_d73bb19baba32e2c8ec17c9185aa505d.jpg

l_d9aa5c7836d55ca034c73af65ef21522.jpg

My little setup:

KRK RP-5 monitors

Evolution MK-449C MIDI controller

Custom-built computer featuring an Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 CPU running at 2.13 GHz, 3 GB of RAM, an E-MU 0404 sound card, an ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT video card, a 500 GB hard drive and a ViewSonic 22" VG2230wm monitor (it definitely gets the job done...for now)

Yeah, I know my monitors aren't in a great location. I'm still living at my parent's house so I'm limited on space. Once I move out next year I'm going to buy a mixer so I can set up my JP-8000, along with other stuff. I would like to purchase some studio headphones, but health issues have led to me holding off. :\

50 OFF, mind you.

different websites generally have it on sale for 30 or 40 off, and it's almost always free shipping which saves another 15-20. you can find it for 180$ usually, and it's TOTALLY worth the money. works well for general use and gaming, it's got nice color but not the best blacks. but it's half the cost of any other monitor out there with the same real estate. and it's really close to being the same vertical size as my 17" square, which is handy because there's not a distortion effect between the two.

I would love it if you were right on this one, but nah, assuming my friend isn't lying, it was a $49.99 limited sale and he picked two up with tax+shipping for about $70 each. He now laughs at my Acer 20" that I paid almost 3 times as much for :(