OCR Cribs (the "Post Pics of your Studio Area" thread!)

software = wayyyy too much to mention - several DAWs, waves, motu, NI, etc (no, nothing cracked)

Several NFR's, I take it since you work at Sweetwater, right?

Man, I had the chance to snag Maschine for dirt cheap when I was at GC, and in retrospect I wish I had just because the controller looks slick, but it's honestly just something I probably wouldn't have used much of as far as the software itself goes.

most of the software is NOT NFR... a few softsynths and sample libraries are, but i tend to work most with the gear i've invested in ;)

i copped that e-mu 1616m a few years back when they had the PCMCIA version, and i got myself a PCI adapter for the card. i absolutely LOVE it. nice high-end a/d conversion, and the d/a conversion is nothing to sniff at either, but a miniDAC does go a long way regardless

maschine is dope as hell, i need to really dig into it more, but the software is pretty intuitive (i love NI stuff), plus i've adapted it to MOTU's BPM as well

i've got quite a wishlist of gear that i don't yet have, but the studio is coming along nicely at this point

i'm always down for collabs if anyone needs some rapping done ;)

Ah, heck, been a while, I suppose I should go ahead and post this here.

Finally rocking the dualies. As I said to Zircon earlier, I'm a bit late to the party. But hey, at least I'm at the party, right? :)

Also, Conyeezy, are those DSM series monitors?

bgc_dualscreen.jpg

Edited by big giant circles

Finally rocking the dualies. As I said to Zircon earlier, I'm a bit late to the party. But hey, at least I'm at the party, right? :)
Yeah, it's never too late for that kind of action. I got invited to the party, but I couldn't afford the cover at the front door :(

Oh and you know I love the Axiom, but they've all started to look pretty plain to me since I've seen myf's customized Axiom25 skin.

MythrilAxiom.jpg

Haha, I love that thing :)

Yeah, it's never too late for that kind of action. I got invited to the party, but I couldn't afford the cover at the front door :(

Oh and you know I love the Axiom, but they've all started to look pretty plain to me since I've seen myf's customized Axiom25 skin.

MythrilAxiom.jpg

Haha, I love that thing :)

Aw c'mon man, yeah you can. Use that cash that you saved getting that super deal on your Profire :) That thing was only like $150 from Newegg mang.

Also, that skin is effin badass :!:

Aw c'mon man, yeah you can. Use that cash that you saved getting that super deal on your Profire :) That thing was only like $150 from Newegg mang.
I know! I'm on the newegg and tigerdirect mailing lists so at least twice a day I get e-mails alerting me that a 24" HD LCD is only $150 or something and I shed a tear remembering that my budget was mercilessly assassinated my that ProFire purchase :(:):(

word, myf has been absent from the nerdcore boards for quite a while too, but he drops in every couple months... still waiting on his tape to drop

@bgc yea, those are DSM1's... i've since dropped down to mackie near-fields, as i'm picking up the jbl lsr4's and sub for my midfields

Sooner or later, I need to buy a new desk and revamp my work area. Anyone else have that problem of tripping over your own expensive-as-hell equipment because the area isn't really "organized" or "clean"?

Haven't the right desk is essential IMHO. If you have rack gear, getting something like I have works out really well if you have just a handful of pieces. Otherwise, I'd say just get a nice big flat table like I use for my graphics work station. Those can be had at Ikea for cheap.

...and yes, the Mopho is quite sexy. Now that I have a real analog synth, I know what I've been missing all these years of using soft synths.

...and yes, the Mopho is quite sexy. Now that I have a real analog synth, I know what I've been missing all these years of using soft synths.

GRAHHHH don't tell me that, I've just talked myself out of getting that hunk of a synth...

I'll post some pictures as soon as I fix my camera so you all can laugh at my casio.