OCR Cribs (the "Post Pics of your Studio Area" thread!)

I tried to take a panoramic picture using my phone, so yeah that's how it looks, although the picture just appears bent somehow and the colours look a bit funny!

It is a wireless setup - the perspective is from my L-shaped sofa, and the chair on the right hand side of the room is the one I use when I want to make some music. There is also a small table near the sofa which is out of shot, that's where all the remotes/controllers are.

I'd love to take a picture of my computer but it'd be really boring. Keyboard, mouse, monitor, mouse...plus my desk is a graveyard of Ramen bowls lmfao, and those can't make music (I don't think so at least). This thread makes me sooo jealous :(

Believe me, you make up for it in your musical incarnations of beauty.

Let's just say I'd rather have your talent, than all my gear! And the Ramen noodles, well, that's the fuel to your genius :D SO EAT UP.

I'd love to take a picture of my computer but it'd be really boring. Keyboard, mouse, monitor, mouse...plus my desk is a graveyard of Ramen bowls lmfao, and those can't make music (I don't think so at least). This thread makes me sooo jealous :(

Duude you're waaayy to damn modest. I need to see your setup, your music's too good to not post anything even if you just have a normal desktop setup I want to see somethin lol.

Believe me, you make up for it in your musical incarnations of beauty.

Let's just say I'd rather have your talent, than all my gear! And the Ramen noodles, well, that's the fuel to your genius :D SO EAT UP.

Duude you're waaayy to damn modest. I need to see your setup, your music's too good to not post anything even if you just have a normal desktop setup I want to see somethin lol.

I'm in league with the opinions of these two gentlemen. You next post needs a picture man!

djpretzel:

Good mics NT1A (for vocal) and C1000S (for instrumental). Have them both, too.

big giant circles:

Will buy one more mic - thinking between Sputnik and sE z3300A.

My setup - all in one room (I'd rather say corner) - no shields, screens, or other acoustic treatments.

DSC01803-.jpg

Gears: PC Core2Duo 6400, RME FireFace 400, Microlab SOLO3 (by few days will change it for Dynaudio BM5A), ears Sennheiser eH350 & HD280PRO, Shamray (custom shop) guitar [model BCRich Beast] with EMG pickups, Marshall Jackhammer & Zoom TriMetal stomps.

As mentioned earlier - 3 mics: RODE NT1A, AKG C1000S, Soundlab G146A [in bad state]:

DSC01808-.jpg

NT1A for vocal recordings, C1000S for guitar and G146A for stage [will change it for RODE S1, possibly].

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't help if you don't tell us what kind of interface you have.

Generally speaking, stereo systems have RCA connectors (cinch plugs) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RCA_connector

Your audio interface will have a 1/4" jack outputs like this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRS_connector

All you need are either a pair of RCA - RCA cables with an RCA-jack converter on one end (like http://www.audiogear.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?key=Adpt-RCFQMM&preadd=action ) or two mono jack cables with RCA converters on the other end.

Don't waste your money on expensive gold-plated crap.