OCR Cribs (the "Post Pics of your Studio Area" thread!)

got a desk on craigslist for about 30$. steel sides, veneer top. it's sooooo much bigger than my last desk (which was a salvation army special, handmade and heavy as a tank).

IMG_7298.jpg

-axiom 49 (wish i knew how to use most of the features)

-cavalry 1tb hard drive (backup only)

-main screen's a 28" hanns-g, secondary's a 22" acer, the one side-on to the picture is a 17" crapper that only does mail.

-the preamp on the right under the acer is an m-audio mobile-pre.

-speakers are logitech x230s

-keyboard and mouse are logitech g15 and mx revolution, respectively.

IMG_7299.jpg

-cat is Oscar

-you can see one of the rear speakers for the logi z5500s that are my home theater system

-cords haven't been 'optimized' yet, waiting on stuff to be shipped from ikea for that

IMG_7297.jpg

more direct shot.

-computer is a zalman gs1000 case, gigabyte p55a-ud3 motherboard, 4gb of ddr3 1333 ram, i7-860 quad-core, zalman ZM600-HP, total of 3tb of hard drive space, with an evga gtx 260 core 216 for my main video card and an evga 7300le as my 'extra monitor' card. the fourth monitor is my tv, off-screen.

IMG_7300.jpg

-you can just barely see avaris's computer, waiting on a power supply to get shipped out.

-the back filing cabinet and the white tupperware tower thing are all my components for systems

-the lava lamp was free from a friend

-out the back window you can see our mini-christmas tree. it died while we were visiting family over christmas =(

and that's where i work.

I'm always surprised at the amount of people who have Axioms, I have a 61. I think I could figure out the features, but I really have no need for any of them.
Well, my primary problem is similar. I've read the Axiom manual cover to cover, and the functions make sense, but that doesn't mean I know how to apply all of the things that it can do to my work. The most complicated thing I've ever done is setup multiple zones to control multiple instruments. I'm always thwarted when attempted anything trickier. For example, for the life of me, I can't figure out it's method of sending NRPN LSB/MSB. Ugh.

Well, my primary problem is similar. I've read the Axiom manual cover to cover, and the functions make sense, but that doesn't mean I know how to apply all of the things that it can do to my work. The most complicated thing I've ever done is setup multiple zones to control multiple instruments. I'm always thwarted when attempted anything trickier. For example, for the life of me, I can't figure out it's method of sending NRPN LSB/MSB. Ugh.

Well, I don't even know what the hell that is, so you're way ahead of me :)

There are two keys with LSB and MSB on them. (Least Significant Byte & Most Significant Byte)

These were used back in the day to control different parameters on hardware units. There should be a print out of what each combo of LSB and MSB numbers control on the software/hardware you are using.

PS: it's a bitch to get to work...

Nice everything room. If I wasn't afraid of pissing my neighbors off, I'd install some guitar wall mounts and hang mine too.

Thanks, yeah I was kind of forced to do it since my cat thinks chewing on guitar strings and using the rest as a scratch board is the best things ever. Looks better than having a giant empty wall too.

• 5 weeks later...

So I just recently upgraded my home studio in progress and this is the new look:

SSPX0696.jpg

SSPX0695.jpg

SSPX0697.jpg

SSPX0700.jpg

Got those special red krk rp6's for 150 a piece, I had no choice but to get em lol.

Just bought that m-audio axiom, can't wait till I can use that baby to it's full potential.

Had the emu 1616m microdock for a little bit and still usin the audio technica m40s

Computers been upgraded as well: Phenom II x4 3 ghz, 4 gigs of ram but since it's xp I can only use 3.25 gigs which is still good I would think.

I have everything in what you could call a dungeon but location will work for now lol xD.