OCR Cribs (the "Post Pics of your Studio Area" thread!)

Hmm, but it actually can be done like itsays in the manual? That's somewhat encouraging. I've got what I want working in Sonar by typing in NRPN events manually, but I just thought that with this uber-controller I'd be able send events in a much less noobish fashion. Guess not.

It's not really the controller's fault. NRPN and other midi messages for control changes are just a pain in the ass due to the MIDI protocol which is oooooooold. But at least things are waaaay backwards compatible.

I purchased those Mackie HR624 MKII monitors from the used shop.

img1718v.jpg

Shot with Canon PowerShot SD800 IS at 2010-03-09

By the way, my room sucks for acoustics and my desk sucks too. But I want to move in a year or so, so I'm probably not going to do anything about it. Also I think that my room sinks toward the wall, I didn't realise this until I put the two monitors on the desk and then panned my head... one's higher than the other.

Fun times in rental units!

Kleenex+Lotion combo down below. Nice.

I anticipated this one actually and decided "eh whatever I won't retake the pic, people will understand". A mistake-- I left myself open to that one. :-( :-( Damn it, this is very shameful.

I keep Kleenex because I eat at my desk sometimes. The lotion because my hands get really, really dry:

img1721n.th.jpg

img1722bk.th.jpg

Edited by Arcana

Kanthos is correct, my version is the Belkin n52 (the one he linked is the newer one, n52te).

Honestly I haven't figured out how to integrate it into my mixing setup yet, I used it for playing WoW. But, with some thought I could probably come up with some awesome setups for Logic Pro like one-button tool access or something. As for the monitor, it's actually not as far off the desk as it looks, there's table behind it.

Edited by Arcana

• 1 month later...

Drive speed and space is no longer an insurmountable problem, you can take your entire DAW and plugin collection anywhere, they've gotten fast enough and the screens are big enough provided that you pick the right model. Demographics should point out that students are well-represented and a desktop is useless bulk in most cases.

All the hard work is in the audio interface and the selection for those has grown a lot, too.

Not surprised ;).

May I ask what the second monitor is for?

Two monitors are awesome (three even more so). You have your sequencing screen left and the plugins/mixer on the right. You never have to move anything out of the way and you'll have everything on screen. For development, IDE on one side, website on the other.