OCR Cribs (the "Post Pics of your Studio Area" thread!)

DJ Setup :D

28347_10150181089045411_831980410_12799743_8159083_n.jpg

Edit: And on that note.. it looks like me and my buddy will be DJing at some 2 day rave :D

Are those the CDJ 2000's or "just" the 900's? I quote that because even with the 900's you can do a lot of things with them, and MIDI capability is pretty much a must with high end DJ equipment these days.

You can store all your songs in them without needing a computer, right?

• 1 month later...

let's see if this works.

4864862200_08d1948302_b.jpg

clockwise, starting from the amp.

Fender bxr-150 100w amp (150$ on craigslist)

Kay mandolin, circa 1975 (200$ on craigslist)

Washburn 12-string (two crappy mics, a 6-channel mixer, and 50$ on craigslist)

ESP LTD B-416 6-string bass (125$ on craigslist)

Ibanez EW20ZWE acoustic (wife bought it for me as a wedding gift)

Squier 4-string acoustic bass (75$ on craigslist)

the recliner was 25$, from a roomie who was moving out in college. got the drum for christmas, has a nice clear tone to it even though it's small. also, the big open space between the bookshelves (where the flashlight and trumpet are now) now holds posters for ODST and Red Faction: Guerrilla. the bookshelves hold authors such as Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson, Jack McDevitt, and Tom Clancy.

4864245833_df1385ce62_b.jpg

this is just to the side of that picture. i nabbed the TV from our landlords, who left it there. you can see my N64, Genesis (1601, got it and five games for 35$ on craigslist), and SNES (another craigslist nab, 30 games and two controllers for 50$). the speakers on the lower left are hooked up now. in the bin to the right of the cabinet is another N64, two GameCubes, a PlayStation One, and a lone NES gun (i don't own an NES, dunno where i got it from). the tall storage to the right of the concrete post is my computer building supplies. all the way on the right, behind my head, is my 1UP mushroom i got at MAGFest 7.

4864869102_ed6bfcc276_b.jpg

the mothership itself. you can tell where this relative to the last two pictures by the shelf in the lower right.

three monitors - 17" square for email, 28" primary, 22" secondary on a monitor arm (going clockwise from me).

Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 audio interface under the 17". between that and the 28" is my headphones - a Sennheiser HD280 Pro (closed ear) and an Alessandro Labs Grado Music Series Two (open ear). i use a Logitech G15 keyboard and Revolution MX mouse. the speakers are NHT M-00 studio monitors (sub is forthcoming, hopefully in september), and there's an M-Audio Axiom 49 on the stand there. the computer under the desk itself is encased in a Zalman GS-1000 case, and consists of an i7-860 2.8ghz quad core clocked up to 3.5ghz (on air!), hand-lapped Cooler Master Hyper 212 heatsink, eVGA GTX 260 core 216 gfx card, G.SKILL 2x2gb DDR3 1600 ram, total of 3.8tb of internal HD space (there's a 1tb external between the saffire pro 40 and the shelf up to), eVGA P55 SLI motherboard, LG DVD-RW drive, and a Seasonic X750 750w power supply.

oh, and i put a bunch of posters up to cover up the painted-on crap our landlords did - a big one of P.O.D., medium one of FF:Dissidia, and one of Mass Effect 2.

don't have a picture of the AV area upstairs, but it's got a 47" 1080p HDTV, with a set of Logitech Z5500 5.1 speakers. I've got my PS3 (CECHE model), X360 Slim, X360 jasper (250gb HD, banned and flashed with iXtreme 1.61), and the usual CD changer, radio, VCR, and iPod cable all rigged into the sound system.

welp, there's my office area/man cave. whatcha think?

That's.... badass. :o

=) not quite what i want, in the end, but it'll work for the next two years. i'm hoping for something similar to what stevo's got, where his workstation's in the corner, and he's got a big-screen with all his gadgets hooked up to it with a sectional couch for reclining. but that's in the future =)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

long time no post, but i'll have some significant upgrades and photos in a few months when i get everything together... i bought a house, so i'm no longer making music in the old apartment, haha

i got rid of the dbx 162sl and have added a digi elevenrack and waves GTR to the mix. come early next year, i'm adding a manley voxbox and blue kiwi, swapping out my crap cme midi keyboard for a novation sl-mk2, and possibly investing in some new monitors (thinking m-audio dsm-2)... i'm debating on moving from my emu 1616m to a lynx aurora-8, but i don't really need the extra outputs until i get a summing amp, i think, and i'd rather add a dedicated clock into the mix first as well

i'll have photos once all my crap arrives, and maybe i'll have a nice desk then too, haha

• 4 weeks later...
What happened to that one synth you had, with the concentric circles on it leading to that one button? Oh and do you know how to play that accordion lol?

Nice setup btw =D.

Oh, the Mopho is there. It's just in a different spot now. It's sitting next to the Slim Phatty.

I can play the accordion a little. It was a gift from my grandfather when I was a kid. I never took lessons or anything like that. ;)