OCR Cribs (the "Post Pics of your Studio Area" thread!)

Oh, the Mopho is there. It's just in a different spot now. It's sitting next to the Slim Phatty.

I can play the accordion a little. It was a gift from my grandfather when I was a kid. I never took lessons or anything like that. ;)

shaggy, what desk is that with your monitors and mac and sound equipment? did it come with the racks? because it looks exactly like what i want with mine =)

shaggy, what desk is that with your monitors and mac and sound equipment? did it come with the racks? because it looks exactly like what i want with mine =)

This is the desk: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Studio-RTA-Creation-Station-Studio-Desk-102924578-i1152461.gc

I've had it about three years now and so far it's worked out rather well. Be careful if you try moving it around on carpet with all your gear on the desk. I did that and one of the wheels broke right off when it got stuck on a piece of the rug. It wasn't a big deal, though. I was able to just drill some new holes and put it right back on. Now I just leave the desk where it is.

This is the desk: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Studio-RTA-Creation-Station-Studio-Desk-102924578-i1152461.gc

I've had it about three years now and so far it's worked out rather well. Be careful if you try moving it around on carpet with all your gear on the desk. I did that and one of the wheels broke right off when it got stuck on a piece of the rug. It wasn't a big deal, though. I was able to just drill some new holes and put it right back on. Now I just leave the desk where it is.

nice. where'd you get the mounts for in the rack bays?

it's awesome that they're 4U, since that's what my new computer is =) this would be a perfect music desk for what I need. just would need a keyboard tray and i'd be set.

edit: holy mix-station batman!

Edited by prophetik music

I need to upgrade my desk. I think I'm gettin tired of using the monitor stands xD, I want to put my monitors on a desk but the one I'm currently using is much too small ;_;. Are these Studio RTA desks designed so you can put the keyboard on the desk while still retaining the correct sitting posture and hand positioning?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

what other basic stuff do you need for a "studio" besides a midi controller keyboard? I, like katethegreat19 use both acoustic instruments & electronic VSTs. here's some of what I have already:

PC w/1000 GB storage

casio px-575r keyboard as midi controller

some of my acoustic instruments

violin

lap harp

guitar

pan flute

ukulele

some of my VSTs

4front piano module(free)

DSK WORLD STRINGS(FREE)

EDIROL ORCHESTRAL(FREE, LOOKING FOR A BETTER CELLO PATCH)

other equipment

USB LOGITECH MIC

acoustic mic w/pop filter

mic stand

software

mixcraft 4(i'm a total noob when it comes to combining the computer with my music. otherwise I'd use fruity loops)

beatcraft(drum program for a noob)

sibelius 5 first( for writting stuff down)

ive tried the demo of fruity loops. my brain wants to explode every time i try to use it. is there like some secret to it? I don't get it.:banghead:

tell me if this is the wrong forum for this and i'll post it elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
Not necessary, but it just gives you more real estate, which is always nice since it can get hard to squeeze all the necessary windows and GUIs on one screen.

you're an FL user, right? i've often seen people use a large primary and a smaller secondary to fit their playlist and mixer on the second and their piano roll, synth settings, etc on the big one. works really nice. i used three for a while, with the playlist being on the third, but it's a bit excessive in my opinion.

Yeah the ability to watch the playhead's position on both the mixer and the piano roll in Logic, while also monitoring all of the plug-ins on another screen helps a ton. It's not necessary, it just prevents me from swapping Spaces and possibly missing something in the process.

Also, using a huge 1920 x 1080 screen for my plug-ins is awesome. Imagine "World's Largest Effects Rack" :P

Edited by Cerrax