OCR Cribs (the "Post Pics of your Studio Area" thread!)

My redneck studio lol

DSCN0263.jpg

Yes, that keyboard is a Casio CTK-471 I got at a garage sale for $15, but my ONLY requirement was that it come with MIDI In/Out ports to interface with FL with. It is hooked up to the computer with a generic MIDI-USB connection I got for $2.50 on Amazon. Headset on the left side of the computer are Koss Solos, I need a new pair, they are wearing out. Got them for $20 bucks.

Microphone is a Radio Shack 33-3039 I picked up for $35 I think. The monitor is a 20" Acer H203H. My speakers are 2.1 Altec Lansing 121is I picked up for $20 bucks at a local surplus/salvage store. They are the best bang for the buck. (Regular price $50)

And of course, FL Studio 8; fan of the classics, baby. :)

Well, its a bit messy right now but this is the current setup I've got going on:

studio01.jpg

My condenser mic is leaning against that stand to the left. I need to start using that thing for some acoustic guitar.

I also have my electric drum kit and guitars / amps (bass and acoustic not pictured):

studio02.jpg

I've been meaning to clean up my studio a bit more but this will do for the time being.

jimmy, i can't see your studio because of the gleam and reflection off of those pearly whites, and your fat head. can you take a picture without the dome in there? :<

fo realz, though, which interface is that under your primary monitor? just curious.

Looks like an M-Audio Profire2626, but I could be wrong...

Yep. It's the Profire 2626. Great preamp, crappy soundcard. Or at least, the drivers are total garbage. M-audio really lost a customer over that issue, and I'm one of a long list of people who've had endless BSODs in Win 7 from awful awful drivers.

I'm probably going to swap it out for something soon. DannyB tells me the new Komplete Audio 6 is pretty sweet, so maybe I'll snag that.

Yep. It's the Profire 2626. Great preamp, crappy soundcard. Or at least, the drivers are total garbage. M-audio really lost a customer over that issue, and I'm one of a long list of people who've had endless BSODs in Win 7 from awful awful drivers.

I'm probably going to swap it out for something soon. DannyB tells me the new Komplete Audio 6 is pretty sweet, so maybe I'll snag that.

m-audio drivers for xp were okay, but they seem to have gotten worse with their vista and 7 implementations. i've still got a little mobilepre somewhere, and while it works pretty well on XP (albeit a bit clunky sometimes), it's terrible in 7.

i recomended all of that!

except the core 216. that's a bit of a step back from the 460. did you run out of cash from what we had discussed?

That was free (donated from Shariq). We don't know if it's a bad card or it had problems with Shariq's system drivers (freezing issues),

but he gave it to me, I'm hoping it can work on a fresh driver install.

If it doesn't, I'm buying a GTX 460 1GB. There's enough room in the budget to get one. :D

And you can't see, but that's actually a Core i7-2600. It was $250 on eBay, top rated seller, brand new sealed, i couldn't resist. Some savings I made from rebates/coupons on other stuff made room in the budget for this, and I still have enough for a GTX 460 if I need it. And it came from newegg for some reason, with a voucher for Lost Planet 2. I think the game itself justifies getting the i7. :P

I indeed went for the 640GB over 1TB Caviar Black to make room for a GTX 460 if needed. Besides, I don't really consume media, so I'm going to have like 300 GB free for a while.

Edited by Neblix

From my understanding, it was never about what you have, but about how you get by with what you have. =/. Everyones setup is gonna be different, even if two people here had identical equipment it's always cool to see the different setups so post away man =P.

I mean all thats in my pad are Bells from ludwig from school percussions a while back, jackson dk2, mixer and interface and pt interface,cubase dongle, mxl mix,shure mic,nord wave (rent to own, I love bills music in MD :razz:),fisher price keyboard(great samples xD) and axiom. pretty much stuff i got overtime/over the years.

all that stuff sound like a room but its not really.

Edited by SonicThHedgog

just say it worked fine with a few possible driver-related issues - since that's probably what it was anyways - when you had it, and sell it as-is. happens all the time. that's why i don't buy used components from ebay.

Will do, but if it works just fine, I'll just stay with it. GTX 260 is still a pretty good card, I should get decent performance at 1080 in modern games with high settings, correct?

I think the amount of power this rig has is astounding for what we had to pay for it regardless, and I'm in high school, so I don't really need a gaming monster atm. This should satisfy my gaming needs. As you said to me, earlier, all I'm gonna be doing is playing some games and making music.

decent performance, yeah. a good bench is starcraft 2 - i maxed it out except for one of the shadow settings and was getting roughly 25fps. playable but not as smooth as i wanted. the difference in shaders is what makes the difference with some of the new shadow rendering tech in some of the newer games out there.

but yeah, it should be fine for tf2 and the like.

decent performance, yeah. a good bench is starcraft 2 - i maxed it out except for one of the shadow settings and was getting roughly 25fps. playable but not as smooth as i wanted. the difference in shaders is what makes the difference with some of the new shadow rendering tech in some of the newer games out there.

but yeah, it should be fine for tf2 and the like.

Hehe, that sounds good enough for me. I'm not aiming to max Crysis at 4xAA or anything like that. High settings are good enough for me (because I'll probably be blown away upgrading from laptop GFX either way)