OCR Cribs (the "Post Pics of your Studio Area" thread!)

a 250GT, or even a 9600GT, would probably max out crysis at 4xAA on a 1680x1050 monitor =) i had it on ultra settings when i had mine.

Then I am in no rush to upgrade from my 260. :)

Also: it is complete.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15510436/File%20Sharing/Final%20Build%20Pic.JPG

Gonna build tomorrow, friend's coming over to take video. (and give an extra hand or two when I need > 2)

• 2 weeks later...

Where the New magic happens

5830900550_a74a935aff_b.jpg

Where the old magic happens (yes that is a a battery taped to my power switch to keep it on, I'm an engineer trust me)

5830351395_ebdedfe43c_b.jpg

Where the inspiration comes from (Probably my favorite thing I've "customed" besides my keyboard foot-pedals :)

5830361247_b20063d505_z.jpg

You, 5!D34RM, sir, have just inspired me to change my wallpaper.

Really I thought white was pretty commo....OH YEA the epic colossus background! of course!

Sometimes I wish I had a little miniature colossus just stomping around my room, ya know like a pet.

ALL DONE :3

build.jpg

build%20final.jpg

I added a blue fan. It's a little loud but I'll figure out how to slow it down (it's running at 1800 RPM).

EDIT: It's normal volume as my other fans now, dunno the RPM's, but I found out how to drop it from 12v to 7v by switching pins on a molex power connector. If any of you guys have loud case fans that have a molex power connector (or a converter from the motherboard 3pin to a molex power male) and you can't change the fan speed to quiet it down, you should try it. Takes like 3 minutes.

Edited by Neblix

The appeal of it is to not be big... to fit in a laptop bag (like it does in mine).

Oh I know that it's very useful, it's just that I personally don't like it. It doesn't feel right after fiddling around with a regular full size key (old old old 20 year) synth so much. Also, the keys only go down a little bit, I had trouble figuring out what was supposed to be a hard press and what wasn't when I first tested the velocity sensitivity.

Trying to compare a full size keyboard with something that is supposed to fit in your laptop bag isn't really fair. They are a different class. Of course it isn't going to feel right comparatively, but again, that's not the point. Besides, the velocity sensitivity may not be on board with a Steinway, but it is miles ahead of the Korg nanoKEY.

Trying to compare a full size keyboard with something that is supposed to fit in your laptop bag isn't really fair. They are a different class. Of course it isn't going to feel right comparatively, but again, that's not the point. Besides, the velocity sensitivity may not be on board with a Steinway, but it is miles ahead of the Korg nanoKEY.

I'm not comparing them, I'm saying they're uncomfortable to use for someone who is used to longer, more spaced out keys.

Alright neblix... when there is a product mentioned and you mention the qualities of another product, that's comparing. When you mention the qualities of a product that is in a totally different class (like a mid-size sedan vs. a coupe), that's borderline irrelevant.

To say "I didn't like the size" in regards to a product that is meant to be small, is silly.

I'm not comparing them, I'm saying they're uncomfortable to use for someone who is used to longer, more spaced out keys.

Basically, this can be completely omitted because I'm pretty sure anybody with some decent common sense would know that a product deemed with the quality of "laptop portable" is going to have a more "scrunched" design and not as comfortable as, say, my Radium 61.

No big deal though.

Finally have a setup that isn't just guitars and a laptop, thought at the expense of the inards of my poor poor wallet.

crib1.JPG

crib2.JPG

Quad core 2.5GHz iMac

12Gb RAM

Focusrite Saffire 14 Firewire Interface

AKG 240mkII Headphones <3

Fostex PM.04 monitors (really need stands for them)

Logic Studio 9

EWQL Composers Collection HD on that hard drive

There is a dual screen but the desk isn't currently big enough.

lol@Vdrums, I have to sit on my amp to play them. Also I suck at drums.

Guitars stuff:

crib3.JPG

Ibanez RG1570

Jackson Dinky or something

Ibanez AJD Cocobolo jazzbox

Cornford Roadhouse 30w <3<3<3

Digitech Whammy

Suhr Riot Distortion

Sm57 (obviously)

• 1 month later...

185552_10150238618440684_665295683_7784239_7274481_n.jpg

Not really my "studio", but heres a pic of me playing live. I used Reason's Thor synth and controlled it with my guitar via the Sonuus G2M converter. For normal guitar tones I used Native Instruments Guitar Rig. Sounds great!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New room and a full description w/ video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmAtLdZH1tQ

HARDWARE:

Custom Desktop (Core i7-2600, 8GB RAM. GTX 460)

Audio Kontrol 1 USB 2.0 Audio interface (2-in, 4-out plus headphone, and MIDI I/O)

Ibanez RG3EXFM1 Fixed Bridge Guitar w/ Wizard II neck and V7/V8 Humbuckers

Sennheiser HD 202 Headphones

SOFTWARE:

FL Studio 10 (w/ Harmless)

FL Default Synths and Effects

Zebra2 Demo version

Kontakt 4 Software Sampler

Guitar Rig 5 Pro Amp and Effects Suite

MusicLab RealGuitar2

TLs Pocket Limiter

Various oneshot and loop drum samples

Sorry, it's kind of blurry but if you listen to my horrible voice you'll understand what I'm showing you. :P

Edited by Neblix

• 1 month later...