OCR Cribs (the "Post Pics of your Studio Area" thread!)

the liquifire is wonderful but the crunch lab has a lot more bass than i am used to, which i suppose is that way in order to support the 7th string. still, i find myself backing waaay off on the bass control on amps. still, it is a very broad sound, and very aggressive. you can really get that petrucci sound with the crunch lab

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

this was supposed to be a mixing/listening room but i got a little carried away and it became a sort of man cave. it's about 95% finished. need a little more treatment to get rid of some flutter and a couple rugs that are still on the way, plus i'm putting a quiet a/c unit in the wall where the cut is (which is also going to work as a great diffusor). other than that and the floor getting dirty so easily, i'm all set here and it sounds fantastic

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Edited by Sixto

• 2 weeks later...
Halc, so jealous of the Maschine Mikro! I will have to one-up you and get the newer one, with the multi-colored pads. I bet it would be fun to jam in DJ sets, too.

Indeed. :) yeah, the new ones are beautiful. I'd highly recommend going for the big one over the Mikro, getting a Mikro will just make you want to get the big boy that much more. On a budget though, the Mikro is still a game changing investment.

I think its interesting how simplistic alot of peoples studios are. Alot of online sites would have you believing that you need thousands in gear to get anywhere in making music. so its cool to see alot of other artists i look up to who also have humble studios that still produce great music. Personally, i have too damn many midi controllers (a fluke of poor planning). i have an oxygen 25 and umx610 that i never use. though, the umx i use for learning to just play the keyboard. i just dont currently have room to set it up in my room :(. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/imag0462d.jpg/

• 3 weeks later...

It's really cool seeing some of the studios many of you work in. It also makes me appreciate the talent of this community all the more when I hear the work coming out of these environments.

Here's the most recent picture I have of my current studio setup. It used to look far more impressive when I was using hardware synths (in the mid 90's\early 00's), but after I sold it all and went virtual several years ago, this is pretty much what it looks like now:

Studio.jpg

I know, I know...it isn't pretty, but hey...It's not about the gear, but the ear right? :)

Steve

http://www.northsounds.com

I know, I know...it isn't pretty, but hey...It's not about the gear, but the ear right? :)

Steve

http://www.northsounds.com

i say its plenty pretty! its nice and clean looking. no frills or cords flying everywhere. the screens are a bit old looking, but as long as they work right? i enjoy seeing how people set up their studios, it seems like people always figure out how to set up something nice, regardless of the space or budgets they have.

20thyf8.jpg

Current setup, iPad missing from the pic (the only thing i can do photos with)

I really like how non-crammed it all became without the PC, but i wonder how i'll fit it in if i have a working one again. Not sure if i want to go back to dual monitor on this desk.

Btw

2czu73b.jpg

This is what the thread looked like after i posted.

Edited by Nase

Does head rush refer to the slight blurryness?

Apropos head, it sort of looks like a face if you accept the x-station (the silver 2 octave thing) as a nose.

Or you could interpret that as the mouth and end up with a flatter, smirkier face.

Or is that actually what you mean by head rush, lol?

Edited by Nase

Does head rush refer to the slight blurryness?

Apropos head, it sort of looks like a face if you accept the x-station (the silver 2 octave thing) as a nose.

Or you could interpret that as the mouth and end up with a flatter, smirkier face.

Or is that actually what you mean by head rush, lol?

It means the picture is upside down! :lol: