OCR Cribs (the "Post Pics of your Studio Area" thread!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Moved around a month ago. I always like to incorporate my living room and studio into one space - saves money!

On 1/4/2019 at 8:53 PM, Master Mi said:

How do you upload or post pictures of your home studio stuff?
Is the attachment function for admins only or do you use an external upload platform for implementing your own pictures on OCR?

Just attach a picture when you post.

IMG_20190113_155344.jpg

• 1 year later...

A year ago I built a custom desk.  I've wanted to do this for a really long time, almost a decade.  Back in the day I read Ikea hack websites where people did really cool stuff.  That has always been my idea until a year ago when I watched videos on people building custom desks out of better material than particleboard.  I got a solid wood countertop (ironically from Ikea lol), stained and finished it and bought a pricey motorized sit-stand frame to put it on.  Built some stands for my monitors and speakers, and recently I built a pullout tray for my MIDI keyboard which freed up a ton of space on the desktop.  Has undermounted smart LED strip because obviously you need that in a desk. :-P  All in all it has exceeded my wildest expectations of what I could accomplish with a custom desk build. 

Old desk that I used for a decade.  Cheap and okay, and the dual tiers are nice, but problematic for holding large MIDI controller.

20190710_212038.thumb.jpg.7f9ff6d06e7b64ac7cf2e6e963f27d08.jpg

The beast:

20200715_084947.thumb.jpg.0dacf1db2054bc181e47aecd225ca40d.jpg

Edited by Argle

0FF9D555-D790-450A-8730-E3296A2189FF.thumb.jpeg.bad4e1c7b429dc78fc41f818f930eb53.jpegmy laptop, hooked to an older but sufficient tv. If I’m not running games, it stays pretty cool.

note the little circular extension for coffee and beer, all but to lessen the spillage on gear. No craftsman here, but I managed to make that myself :)

the ashtray is of metal, and my grandad used to use it. On and off smoker nowadays, but I still enjoy smoking whenever it coincides with some musical productivity. Too rare, these days. Not the smoking, the musicking.

Edited by Nase