OverClocked ReMix presents...

Philly Meetup: Episode III

Starring:

YOU

Where:

Philadelphia, PA (and surrounding area)

When:

Saturday, June 28th

12:00 noon at 30th Street Station (main concourse, by the info desk)

What:

Alright, so this year we have an idea for what could be a reaaaaaalllyyyy fun meetup. The Manayunk Arts Festival will be happening on this date. It's a very popular annual event in Philadelphia, not just for art, but for food and music as well. Sounds nice, right? But there's more! As I was looking up the location on Google Maps to see what kind of public transportation would be available, I found this:

epicpretzel.jpg

Brethren of OverClocked ReMix... Fate has called us to the Manayunk Pretzel. It is literally right where the R6 (regional rail) lets off, and two blocks away from the festival. I think this may potentially be the best photo opportunity this community has ever seen.

So yeah, plan would be to meet up at 30th Street Station in Philadelphia first, because it's the big hub for Amtrak and the regional rails. As soon as everyone is gathered, we can hop on the R6 to Manayunk ($3.50) and enjoy the food and festivities for the afternoon.

Once we head back to 30th Street Station in the early evening, folks can either head home or hop on the R5 ($7 and 15 minute ride) with zircon and myself to Ardmore. We have a nice new apartment, great flat screen TV, Wii, Xbox, PS2, and a grill... so BBQ and games will ensue! And this can also be extended to a sleepover if people are interested. As José put it, breakfast the next morning of a meetup is the best part! There is an IHOP just a five minutes' walk from our place.

So whaddya think? To help get an idea of what kind of food to buy for the BBQ, please post about whether you'll make it to that part of the meetup, and also if you'd like to sleep over! :<

Part 1 (Manayunk):

zircon

pixietricks

Xerol

Bahamut

djpretzel

Anna

José the Bronx Rican

Palpable

Amy

Escariot

Dominique

Dyne

Sporknight

Katsurugi

Kroze & girlfriend

Xenon Odyssey

HydeGFF

Part 2 (BBQ):

zircon

pixietricks

Xerol

Bahamut

djpretzel

Anna

José the Bronx Rican

Palpable

Amy

Escariot

Dominique

Dyne

Sporknight

Katsurugi

Kroze & girlfriend

Xenon Odyssey

Kulaman

HydeGFF

Part 3 (Sleeeeeeepover)

Ardmore:

zircon

pixietricks

djpretzel & Anna, Palpable & Amy, and Xerol (all carpooling together Friday night)

Bahamut (arriving Friday night)

José the Bronx Rican

With Kroze:

Kroze & girlfriend

Sporknight

Escariot, Dominique, and Geoffrey Taucer (all carpooling together; have to leave before the group breakfast on Sunday to get Tauce to his next destination)

Xenon Odyssey

Kulaman

And anyone else that may join up between now and June 28th!

Anyone driving up Saturday morning is still welcome to park for free at our place in Ardmore if they arrive by 11:00 am at the latest. There's also parking in the city, but it'd probably be easier (and obviously cheaper) to do it in our lot.

Hmm.. I will have to think about it. I am free that day, but I want to figure out how much it'll cost overall before I make any sort of commitment. I haven't been paid yet this summer... ;_; Also, I might have some hook up with free BBQ sauce, but I don't want to take advantage of my friend too much. A bottle or two should be fine. If you buy it online, it's like 10 dollars each and that's a bunch for BBQ sauce.

How can I resist? Definitely planning on attending. Pretzel Meets Pretzel: Who Will Prevail?!

I have my bet is on Pretzel.

Katsu et al: concerning the BBQ, people are welcome to bring things that don't need to be refrigerated as long as they don't mind carrying them around for the day. (Unless you'd be staying the night before, of course.) That being said, we can also just have everybody chip in a couple bucks at the end.

Commuting from NJ shouldn't be expensive or time-consuming, me thinks. And there's always the possibility of carpools. Once you're actually here, the costs would just be regional rail ($3.50 and $7 round trip) and whatever other food or things you'd buy.

And yays!

Cool guys; have a meet-up when I'm home for summer.

I'll have to echo everyone else with the schedule dealie; there's always the possibility I can sneak back up to the city for that weekend.

I'm driving up the night before, if pixie/zircon don't have a problem with a couple more people both nights I could give a couple rides from Baltimore.

Awesome! I'm glad there's lots of interest here. Best way to get from NJ to Philly is via NJ Transit to 30th Street Station; should be <$20 round trip. Bus will work too, though it will probably take you into Center City in which case you gotta take a 5 minute, $2 subway ride to get to us.

The only thing about taking NJ Transit to Philly is that one of my friends told me that it's somewhat time consuming to do so if you're from the NYC suburbs in NJ. Depending on how cheap you are, it could be better to just take Greyhound.

So you'll still be using your place by Drexel then, or are we gonna be going to your place in Ardmore for the sleepover?

I'm there for the whole deal. Maybe I'll bring my acoustic guitar with for when we retire to the apartment. I don't play loud anyways. (Also, if possible, I'd like to park near the apartment like I did for the first Philly Meetup I came to, it's just easier for me so I don't have to worry about remembering where my car is.)

The only thing about taking NJ Transit to Philly is that one of my friends told me that it's somewhat time consuming to do so if you're from the NYC suburbs in NJ. Depending on how cheap you are, it could be better to just take Greyhound.

So you'll still be using your place by Drexel then, or are we gonna be going to your place in Ardmore for the sleepover?

We'll be in our new apartment in Ardmore. This also means that if you park in Philly you'll have to drive to Ardmore to park overnight. Luckily it's a safe neighborhood, and we do have a parking lot in back (how baller is that?)

We'll be in our new apartment in Ardmore. This also means that if you park in Philly you'll have to drive to Ardmore to park overnight. Luckily it's a safe neighborhood, and we do have a parking lot in back (how baller is that?)

Awesome, parking in the lot. Nice. Just out of idle curiosity, what time do you plan on leaving for 30th Street Station?

Cool! But yeah, it looks like we will be getting a lot of people at this meetup - it's only been two days since I posted the thread! Our new apartment is nice, but it's not huge and we do have very thin walls so sound travels to the neighbors. If this keeps up, we may have to give priority to people coming from a distance for the actual sleepover. (Those who live nearby could still meet up again in the morning for breakfast, though.)