Philly Meetup - Pics page 15

Jillian Aversa

Greyhound stops at 11th Street, but it's very very easy to get to 30th street from there. Here's how you do it. You are deposited in Market East station or thereabouts, which is about 1 minute from a Market-Frankford subway line (it's in the same general complex, you would just look for the signs.) You take it West and hop off at 30th street. No transfers.

WAIT!

SOLUTION!

Haaaaaahhahahaha... I can't believe we didn't think of this before. Andy and I will already be living in our apartment in Ardmore, yes, but our lease at the other place in University City doesn't expire until July 1st. So that means that everyone who can't fit in Ardmore will at least have plenty of space to sleep, and not worry about the Drexel dorms.

Granted, it will not be particularly glamorous given that all the furniture will be gone... But we can leave a few lamps, and donate comforters to help make the floor softer. And hopefully people can bring their own blankets and sleeping bags as well. For anyone staying at 34th street, those things can be dropped off between 12 and 1 on Saturday while we're all waiting for the train to Manayunk. It's just a 15 minute walk to the apartment.

After the festival during the day, people will be coming back to our place for BBQ and games anyway. So everyone can still stay as a big group to hang out. Going back to University City would just for the sleeping part, and then that group could come back in the morning for breakfast if they want!

Escariot, Dominique, and Taucer would most likely be with the Philly group because they have to leave earlier Sunday to get Tauce where he needs to go. So as long as one other person with a car could join that sleepover group, the others could still come back in the morning easily (and for cheaper, if we all pitch in for gas).

Will post more about space and spreading people out later tonight, after I've talked to more folks about their travel plans. Luckily, nobody will have to pay to stay in a hotel unless they want to, and the group will be about half and half, so nobody will be lonely!!!

Escariot told me to post in here that I am coming...

So here I am posting that I am coming...

And hopefully I don't get insanely lost once again like last time..

Depending what my girlfriend is doing at the time, she will be coming as well.

Damn you Escariot for making me post...

Also if you are lucky, I MAY bring a cut of the second episode of Eden: The Zhang Chronicles with new music by Bustatunes and Escariot doing a voice...

Okay, and yet another slight change of plans perhaps? Kroze lives in Cherry Hill, NJ, which is a 47 minute drive to Ardmore. He has graciously reported that he could host the other half of the group, if they'd prefer the longer commute over zircon's empty apartment. People might be more comfortable sleeping there. What do y'all say?

For Saturday night, the breakdown looks like this. Those who are carpooling together will be kept in groups for logistical reasons, and then José was the next non-carpooler to post about definitely sleeping over, so Andy and I can take him under our wing.

Ardmore:

zircon

pixietricks

djpretzel & Anna, Palpable & Amy, and Xerol (all carpooling together Friday night)

Bahamut (arriving Friday night)

José the Bronx Rican

With Kroze (or at the Philly apartment if people would rather do that over the 47-minute commute):

Kroze & his girlfriend

Dyne

Sporknight

Escariot, Dominique, and Geoffrey Taucer (all carpooling together; have to leave before the group breakfast on Sunday to get Tauce to his next destination)

Katsurugi (still hasn't decided about sleepover?)

And anyone else that may join up between now and June 28th!

Thanks very much to Kroze for offering up his place! Although it'd be more comfortable there I'm sure, the commute is over twice as long. If you could post your preference, we'll get a sense of things!

Anyone driving up Saturday morning is still welcome to park for free at our place in Ardmore if they arrive by 11:00 am. There's also parking in the city, but it'd probably be easier (and obviously cheaper) to do it in our lot.

For me it really depends on everyone else, I'll go with the flow, but in the case of casting a vote, I'm voting for the apartment in Philly only because it's in town. If everyone else decides to go to Kroze's, I'm cool with that.

I'm fine either way as well. Go with the flow works for me - assuming there's sufficient bedding around I'd be fine with the empty apartment, or if we're not gonna be too much of a hassle I'd be fine with going to Kroze's. It's good to have both options available tho, definitely.

We have three comforters to spare, which could be used to help soften the floor below you. It's hardwood, though - no carpet. (And we wouldn't have any other additional blankets to provide for snuggliness over top.) So I do think Kroze's place would be more comfortable, especially if he has any couches or cots.

We have three comforters to spare, which could be used to help soften the floor below you. It's hardwood, though - no carpet. (And we wouldn't have any other additional blankets to provide for snuggliness over top.) So I do think Kroze's place would be more comfortable, especially if he has any couches or cots.

Lots of couch space and carpeted floor... its an actual house...

Also kitchen and pool.. and other various shit.

So yeah, I could imagine its a BIT more comfy than the small apartment with nothing in it. No offense to Andy or Jill. :P

Lots of couch space and carpeted floor... its an actual house...

Also kitchen and pool.. and other various shit.

So yeah, I could imagine its a BIT more comfy than the small apartment with nothing in it. No offense to Andy or Jill. :P

Alright, you've got a pool. You win. :)

Hehe, well... you wouldn't have time to use the pool unless you guys either left early Saturday evening or woke up reaaaallly early Sunday morning.

EDIT:

Ouch, Kroze and I just exchanged addresses... The drive from his place to ours is actually 47 minutes - versus 20 minutes from the Philly apartment. It's still up to you guys, but I just thought you should know in case this changes anything.

oh dear... now i have to actually contemplate going to this thing, and i really do need to get that OCR shirt...

I'll also need to consider whether i should drive up or take a train, that will depend on what kind of parking is available near the Univ. City apartment, and I can go from there to 30th street station.

Does anyone coming need shirts/hoodies? I think most of us are covered, but if you do - either for yourself or someone you know - let me know types/sizes ahead of time and I'll bring 'em with. Discount convention prices of $10 for shirts and $20 for hoodies (and of course no S&H) would apply :-o

I would just bring a box and whatever is left over, I'll take out to Comic Con to sell if you would like...

And will you be sleeping over (with the Kroze bunch)?

"The Kroze bunch"? Wow.. sounds like a disease...