Philly Meetup - Pics page 15

Jillian Aversa

I'd first just figure out the costs of driving versus train. But with a train, you wouldn't have to worry so much about getting to the station. You would have to be confined to a train schedule on the way there and on the way back. That's probably the main disadvantage of using the train. Money is probably the only thing you need unless you want to bring other stuff to keep you entertained on the train or whatever.

@ djp: I will require a large black hoodie. Bring one at the very least if you're not already bringing a box for Kroze.

I probably won't be able to stay overnight. I have a lot of stuff I need to take care of before going back to school on the Monday after. I still really need time to think about it. I hate cramming in stuff all in one day. I'll let you guys know at the end of the week. It's too early to tell yet. But sleeping in an empty apartment is fine with me.

I think the only second sleeping option at this point is Kroze's place, as opposed to our empty Philly apartment. There isn't going to be any air conditioning there, and the next tenants will likely be moving in by the 28th as it turns out.

I would recommend that people arriving Saturday not drive unless it's really necessary, because it'll probably be more hassle than taking the train. :3

EDIT:

And Atma, do you plan on coming to the BBQ and/or sleepover as well?

Does anyone coming need shirts/hoodies? I think most of us are covered, but if you do - either for yourself or someone you know - let me know types/sizes ahead of time and I'll bring 'em with. Discount convention prices of $10 for shirts and $20 for hoodies (and of course no S&H) would apply :-o

Well, I could totally go for a 3X t-shirt. I'll hold on the hoodie for now since it's summer time. But a black, 3X t-shirt would be awesome.

okay, so i just did the math... I'm driving. it'll cost me <$30 for gas each way, and round trip on Amtrak will be somewhere around $100...

also, i was planning on going to The Manayunk Arts Festival with you guys as well, that sounds like a lot of fun.

Can/should i bring my Sega Genesis? Some awesome retro gameage would be freakin' sweet.

I think the only second sleeping option at this point is Kroze's place, as opposed to our empty Philly apartment. There isn't going to be any air conditioning there, and the next tenants will likely be moving in by the 28th as it turns out.

Come into my web said the spider to the fly....

Hey,

My username is HydeGFF. I'm actually a regular member over at Gamingforce Forums (hence the GFF) but I listen and download OCremixes quite regularly. I was wondering if I could also tag along for this event. I have an older brother in Philly studying at UPenn so I was thinking about visiting anyways. Transportation and lodging is solved on my end and I was hoping to join in the fun at the Arts Festival.

Please let me know what you think.

PS: I did the birthday shout out to my girlfriend on VGDJ two summers ago.

Hey,

My username is HydeGFF. I'm actually a regular member over at Gamingforce Forums (hence the GFF) but I listen and download OCremixes quite regularly. I was wondering if I could also tag along for this event. I have an older brother in Philly studying at UPenn so I was thinking about visiting anyways. Transportation and lodging is solved on my end and I was hoping to join in the fun at the Arts Festival.

Please let me know what you think.

PS: I did the birthday shout out to my girlfriend on VGDJ two summers ago.

If you've got transportation and lodging figured out, I'm sure we'd all be happy to meet new faces. The more the merrier. :smile:

I don't have any specific plans so I can definitely stick around for BBQ. I am playing the day by ear basically. I'll ask my brother if he wants to tag along too although his girlfriend is living with him so I'm not sure if they already have something planned or not.

I will be wearing my own custom OCremix shirt. Sharpie + white t-shirt. I'm a 5' 8" korean guy with long hair.

Whoop whoop! Got onto a PC here in Indiana. The current situation is as follows:

I'm here in Indiana until Sunday

I've received a job offer in the NoVA area and may be starting as early as this coming week.

Tuesday - Friday is likely to be spent with family in Maryland, if I'm not working.