Yay, my video game spoof is finally finished!

RETROMAN

Hi, I'm an amateur filmmaker and a big fan of classic video games, so last year I decided to combine my interests to create a short film named 'GAME OVER'.

I wasn't completely satisfied with the end result though, so the last few weeks I worked very hard to change a lot of scenes and add more and more video game refererences. Now, my short film is finally finished the way it was intended to be. Here is the result:

Here's the full list of video game references (*SPOILER WARNING*):

- Pac-Man

- Pong

- Tetris

- Space Invaders

- Metal Gear Solid (sound effect)

- Donkey Kong

- Bubble Bobble

- Mega Man

- Kid Icarus

- Sonic the Hedgehog

- Q*Bert

- Super Mario Bros.

- Street Fighter

- Mortal Kombat

- Monty on the Run (soundtrack)

If you liked this short film, you just MIGHT also like my other short films: Disco Invasion and Late For Work. You can find them here:

http://youtube.com/user/romeomazzei1979

They don't have much to do with video games, but umm... there's a WICKED COOL NINJA in one of those films and umm... yeah.

Hey, not bad. I totally dig this little video of your's. Timing was good, and I think I like your sense of humor. But despite the good animation, I think perhaps were more warranted in some places (namely pac-man, but at the same time, I like his angry face >=O. ) So anyways...I loved it. Great job.

Good grief... that was awesome! ROTFL xD Captain N meets insanity! I appreciated the Pong, Space Invaders, and Q-Bert references the most. Seeing you kicking around Goombas and clanging Mario in the vulnerables was just icing on the cake. :lol:

I swear Game Over is the title of another video like this... but I can't remember.

Dang. I think I know what you're referring to but can't remember the specifics myself. Blast it. I hate it when that happens. >_<

This managed to get me laughing at two occasions: the creation of the donkey kong steel girder level and how Mario's Hadoken was his fireball. I'd agree with Dhsu that the characters could have been more sprites than cartoons, but this video surprised me in one way or the other. Reminds me very much of those odd clips I could get around seeing on TV years ago.

Thanks for all the comments! I'm glad you guys liked it.

I remember liking the old comic you had posted in your sig back in 2004 or so. Do you still have it posted somewhere? I lost it when my computer crashed mightily a few years ago. I specifically remember laughing at "It's-a me! The friendly italian stereotype!"

I like this video :)

Wow, you still remember that one? That's awesome :D

I used to have a site where I stored all my Photoshop creations (such as that comic), but that site sadly doesn't exist anymore.