OCR00953 - Phantasy Star "Wanta Phanta"

djpretzel

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Want a Fanta? OK.

It began very dark, but it got a little lighter when the piano decided to sneak in. Since this is a remix of the Boss dungeon theme, I expected that it would be something like this, but when the other lead synth came in at 0:38 it just turned the table up-side-down and gave this arrangement a completely new style. I like it, I want it, and now I have it. Awesome remix analoq! B)

• 3 months later...

:D This OCReMix is extremely catchy and fun (as are many others from analoq). All of the effects are great and everything goes together perfectly.

And it may be short, but that's why we have repeat for awesome OCReMixes like this one. One of my favorites.

• 2 years later...

Great stuff, extremely addicting and catchy beat. Although i've only played Phantasy Star 2,3,4. I can't really say i know the source material...but does it really matter when this mix kicks ass? Only thing i gotta say is, and in no way whatsoever is it a knock on da mix, but the tune doesn't resemble your sterotypical underground/dungeon music... all in all, worth a listen and more!

• 1 year later...

It's all about the synths (isn't it always, though). Nice driving beat and some super energetic arranging has made a very danceable and poppy song out of what I thought was a pretty dull original.

This is a pure celebration of fun and funk with an addictive quality to it. Amazing instrument selection and variation injected into the sequencing. High marks go to the fact that the groundwork for this was done in a day. Seriously good stuff.

• 2 months later...

Only 3 reviews have been added since I joined the site? Unforgivable!

Great opening synth rhythm, definitely got my attention with that syncopated awesomeness. The panned and filtered repeating line is also pretty great, and the drums are classy as well. This is a track that just hits everything dead on, and is really fun to boot.

My only complaint is the length- it's too short! I think a solo added would have made it perfect.

• 2 months later...

ouch. That initial synth is rough. After the mix get's going though, it has a really cool groove going on. I also like how everything fades in and out and just seems to come and go in the soundscape. The sound samples are out of the norm and make it feel like it has a very rough texture. 'Tis a really quirky track that takes a few listens but is still worth checking out.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Drunk review #3:

Nice established build from the get go. The song has that cool synth, and then the piano, strings, and that phat bass. I can dig it.

The drums are very fitting to the genre as well. I am also not very familiar with Phantasy Star... I mean I played it once back in the day on emulator, but don't remember the music so no nostalgia factor in here.

One thing I have to say, that even though there is a nice groove established, the song really doesn't go anywhere after a while... And while the guitar build gets it going... The song just cuts off and stops... That's just too bad because I feel like there was a lot more to be said, and the party was just beginning and then bam... Over. :(

It's a good thing that I wanted more though! But man, you weren't done!

Anyway, for 2003 especially, good solid remix.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...

analoq's works are always so catchy, so addicting, and this one is no exception. We've got some classic funky synths, phat bass, and groovy drums, and it's just impossible to resist tapping your toes and bopping your head to this tune ;) But yeah, if only this song was longer... Good stuff anyways!

P.S. It's a shame that analoq doesn't submit any music nowadays. He's awesome <3

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00953 - Phantasy Star "Wanta Phanta"
  • 2 years later...