FF7 - Anxious Heart

I'll bite even if it's only minute long.

I'm not familiar with the source so I can't say if this mix is too close to it.

The intro is nice. I like it a lot. Very good samples, and the strings know what they're doing. The part that starts at 0:40 is even better, the use of instruments is superb. No muddiness anywhere, and you seem to have control of this so far.

I'd really like to hear more. Sounds great so far!

I don't remember the original track. HMMMM. Guess I can't comment on how well you use the original, because I don't know.

Sounds pretty good. At around 0:53 the melody kind of gets lots. It clears up in a couple of seconds, but for just a moment there it sounds kind of messy to me. Some of the transitions in the second half of the song sound kind of rough, could use a little work.

At about 1:34, well I kind of start to lose interest. The woodwinds are a bit obnoxious at this point. The brassy section following that is nifty, though.

Overall, it's quite nice, enjoyable, even though I STILL can't remember the original. :(

Well, this isn't really an update, per se. I got pretty bored with the last version of the song and started over with a different style. Only about a minute done so far, but I really don't have any idea where I'd take it from here:

Right now I'm working on getting the right soundscape together. Then I'll have to worry more about extending it.

I really dig the feel change you've done here. While the original is really an intimate song that portrays a sense of stagnant dread, you've really fleshed it out and made it a bit more mysterious and hopeful. Different kind of anxiety is present here, more like a restlessness. I really like the timbres used, especially the lower ones. I agree that the last section could be a bit faster---keep on truckin' with this one. I hope to see it soon.

I really like this remix in progress. Since Anxious Heart was one of my favorite songs from the FFVII OST, I zoomed in on this one like a moth to the flame. I've been listening to it on repeat for the last half hour or so - it flows beautifully. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for a final version.

Whew, I really like the interplay of the bass synth and the percolating synth at the beginning. Nice work keeping the feel consistent when it opens up at the end. I feel like there should maybe be a contrasting section in it, I think a contrast to the floaty, fat sound would be très effective. The timbres are again my favorite part...they just fit!

This sounds like some modern wind band writing to me, and i don't know why.