Plagiarism, but not OCR songs.

DjSammyG

http://www.last.fm/music/Victims+Of+Science

"Victims of Science is an alias for Gxp, who originally made the song “The Device has been Modified” as a joke. After seeing its success, he decided to give the song some more polish and finish it properly, releasing a second version."

I even explained this on my show. See what you missed?

But yeah, boon30 didn't make shit.

For some stupid reason, I can't seem to post a comment to the jerk off's YouTube. If anyone can make a comment there, I say go for it. I don't normally condone embarrassing someone, but this guy DESERVES it.

I guess for now we sit back and wait to see what he does with our comments waiting for approval. If he ignores us, there's not a whole lot we could do except get as many people to comment on it so that screening becomes a chore.

Is there any way to let Gxp know?

Is it really worth all the effort to become internet terrorists over some dude's youtube video? I understand plagiarism is crap but when I see threads like this I can't help but think that the people planning attacks against some nobody on youtube are a little off their own rockers.

I understand the outrage towards somebody like Timbaland who is making profits off of somebody else's work but this sort of particular scenario happens constantly on the internet. I'm not condoning his actions but, again, who cares? If anything you're just giving him tons of attention which he is most likely going to love.

True.

But to sit back and do nothing... just doesn't sit well. You read comments complementing him on what someone else did and, well, it's outrageous. It's relatively easy for us to make others aware and try to hurt his credibility. How effective that is depends on the person.

Although I should say this isn't "attacking", at least not in a malicious sense. Posting and messaging are legitimate ways to address this. It's not like we're going bat shit insane and proposing to take physical retribution like some tried to do back during the whole OCRAPS BlueBomberLucario thing.