OCR01719 - Final Fantasy XII "The Winds of Inishmore"

Took long enough; i remember talking about this one at MAGfest :<

This mix is really weird for me, there are points where I am completely locked in, and then some rhythmic shift jars me out of my zone. Soundwise it's great, but it sounds to me more like a corrupted file or something than anything intentional. After repeatedly pointing it out to you on WIPs, it's still there, so I do know it's intentional, but I just don't follow I guess.

Soundwise I love the ambiance of it, and there are some great parts shifting around. The sound is very unique and with a few exceptions (not a static fan), solid.

Grats on getting your official OCR wings :-D

I don't know why but listening to this brought "Legend" to mind....

Anyway, really chill mix. I like how the synth strings slowly turn more and more distorted.

I really love the percussion in this too. It's felt but not heard.

Really chill mix. I like how the synth strings slowly turn more and more distorted.

I really love the percussion in this too. It's felt but not heard.

I find it slightly oriental-like, which makes it even more charming to me.

I agree with both of these on my first listen. Perhaps "The Winds of Himeji" might have been somehow more appropriate :nicework:

Name aside, it's a very solid track, and I can only really echo what Broken said above me. Hopefully we'll be seeing more of your work (as well as FF XII tracks) in the coming months eh?

Just for the record too, I've been to Inismore (it's usually spelled without the 'h' but it both are accepted generally)and it really is a quiet and peaceful place. That is, until the now-annual TedFest, a local fundraising Father Ted-themed festival.

Gah, this brings back memories of my frustrations with FFXII.

I love the overall feel. The celtic influences definitely speak to me as an irish person. But i was a little thrown by what sounded like caribbean steel drums(?). It just kinda took me out of the soothing feel that the celtic instrumentation gave. Maybe it will grow on me.

Id love to be able to make a celtic piece with Uilleann Pipe, tin whistle, flute. They make such a beautiful sound. But i have neither the skills, nor the resources, so its great to hear celtic influences in others works.

Great work, Shawn. It's long overdue that we saw you on the front page. (Actually, for those who may now know, Shawn's had a track approved for months now but is waiting on the Super Dodgeball Project to be released before it can go up).

So technically, while this is his first song to go up, it's not his first song to get accepted.

Looking and listening back, I suppose my vote was really more of a Conditional YES than a NO, Resubmit. But whatever. I'm happy to see it official, bro. Great work :)

Not a bad remix. Ive been in-active on these forums for so long...that ive missed tormenting the mixers and pestering Dj Pretz.

But this remix is soothing and mellow. Not a bad tune to chill to after a extremely long night at wal-mart. Makes a hell of a bed time tune if ya catch my drift. 8 out of 10 for this tune.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01719 - Final Fantasy XII "The Winds of Inishmore"