Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

atmuh

hmmm

i like

wonder how the system is going to be. DoS had the soul system and PoR had the dual skill system. cant wait to see this in action

It uses something called "glyphs".

You have a right arm glyph, left arm glyph, and a back glyph. Every attack uses mana, but mana regen is about the same as the sisters in PoR. And if you combine some of them, you get some bigger attacks, I think.

Yeah unfortunately the gameplay is getting tiring for me too. I played SotN, all three GBA Castlevanias (well, didn't beat CotM) plus Portrait of Ruin. The improvements from game to game are evolutionary rather than revolutionary, and while I greatly appreciate all the attention to detail, side quests, and gameplay modes, I'll skip this and wait for a future one.

I didn't edit the thread title. Also, it's a discussion thread, after all :-)

I liken it to the Nippon Ichi games. La Pucelle, Disgaea, Disgaea 2, Makai Kingdom, Phantom Brave, etc. They churn them out constantly. If you played all of them you'd get tired of the gameplay pretty quick (IMO) so if you just play every *other* one it's more fresh.

Im just tired of the super metroid style. Like I tried to play super metroid and I just couldn't get into it recently. And I really hate that cause its my favorite SNES pretty much. It's just really manotanous to me for some reason. I played the hell out of all the GBA games and both DS games too though.

Im just tired of the super metroid style. Like I tried to play super metroid and I just couldn't get into it recently. And I really hate that cause its my favorite SNES pretty much. It's just really manotanous to me for some reason. I played the hell out of all the GBA games and both DS games too though.

What.

You're a freak.

Everyone else loves this style of game and could play it forever. Sooooooo bleah.

i do agree that castletroid style is getting old, but unfortunately the style is like crack to me so im completely addicted to how it is.

Yeah, this IS the classic problem. I'd like to see 'em go with something different as well, hell even trying to make this a 3D version(although asking IGA for a good 3D CV game is ludicrous at best...), although I'm glad he decided to revisit the idea of a MAIN female character(no, Charlotte doesn't count) even though I wish it would have been Sonia instead. Who knows, maybe he doesn't wanna touch her character 'til he's finally achieved perfection on a 3D platform... Which means we'll probably never see her again.

Hey I know! What if we made Dracula a decepticon?