The Adventure of Doug

supremespleen

After much more fiddling than it should have taken, I finally have the video I worked on with my school's cinematography club uploaded. Here it is, in all it's four part glory, The Adventure of Doug! It's sort of an Indiana Jones parody, with lots of video game references and a few rough spots here and there. I play the bad guy. Also, I believe Ghettoflame recorded the VO for the beginning. I forgot to put him in the credits, though D:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Make sure to stay after the credits. Also: because YouTube is lame, a few scenes are really dark. Sorry about that. You may want to fullscreen it or turn your brightness up.

Just finished watching it. All in all, not bad. The cinematography, editing, location sound and foley were all surprisingly good for a high school movie. Videogame and movie references were nice and nerdy. The Metal Gear part was hysterical.

I'm curious: how did shooting take?

Just finished watching it. All in all, not bad. The cinematography, editing, location sound and foley were all surprisingly good for a high school movie. Videogame and movie references were nice and nerdy. The Metal Gear part was hysterical.

I'm curious: how did shooting take?

Mmm... we filmed over the course of about 2.5 weeks. It was fairly difficult because there was a play going on at the same time and many of the actors and actresses were involved in both (and gave the play higher priority). We also needed to finish before school got out, so the whole thing was super rushed. There are actually a few scenes that ended up with tiny amounts of boom mic that had to be left in because I had to time to reshoot anything. It took me and a friend about 45 hours or so to edit it.

Glad you enjoyed it.

• 1 month later...