LoZ ALttP KV

Rom Tom

I'm liking it, it kept me gripped until about halfway through. I really like the sounds you're using, although the drums seem a little watery to me. Is that the word I want? The drums seem off somehow, and maybe someone more musical can put it better. I'm willing to bet you did the Main Theme on the piano live, because it's a hair off, but you could give that to creative license.

I like where it's going though. Keep it up!

A well remixed source...

Let's start with the drums, their panning is awful, snare and kick should be centered. They do have punch enough for a track like this, but the actual drum writing is a little too intense for the overall feel. Also, the ghost hits on the snare shouldn't be this strong. Consider listening to some mellow jazz and other calm music just to hear different drum writing/playing.

The guitar seems to have some slight swing to it, which on one hand does make it sound a little more human, but on the other hand make it rhythmically incompatible. Fortunately, it's just a slight swing, but even so, it's noticable and distracting. Also, some of the guitar notes need to be longer, especially the lower ones. If you play guitar, think about when you'd mute a string. If not... uh, just make some notes longer 'til it all sounds a little more natural. The ending sounds great tho, makes me wonder if it's a recording. If it is, great job, just make it tighter.

Some of the strings sound good, some don't. I'm not sure I'd play the melody on the strings. The slow attack might make them better for just chords, tho nothing's stopping you from writing a counterpoint for them to play.

There's also a significant balance issue, especially between drums and the flute, notes just out of synch a little everywhere.

Those are the problems I found. I'd also like to hear more of an original spin on it. There's some adaptation and the use of the LoZ theme lends itself well to the rhythm of this track, but it needs more. Even a change in the chords you use would give this more of an original flavor, tho I'd like to hear the melody and the backing (the guitar) change rhythm somewhat as well.

Not bad, but quite a ways to go before it's OCR material.

I'd also like to hear more of an original spin on it. There's some adaptation and the use of the LoZ theme lends itself well to the rhythm of this track, but it needs more. Even a change in the chords you use would give this more of an original flavor, tho I'd like to hear the melody and the backing (the guitar) change rhythm somewhat as well.

I like these suggestions. And I agree that the drumz may need to become lighter.. by alot :). I'll see what I can do. Thanks, Roz!

-RomTom