OCR00956 - Final Fantasy VII "Cid Sends a Dream to the Undersea Palace"

djpretzel

When I first heard this tune on ormgas, I heard something that sounded like Chrono Trigger's Ocean Palace, but when I checked the website, it said Final Fantasy VII. I didn't expect to find a remix of two great rpg songs in one. Great remix, changing from soft instrumental to a trance-like beat.

• 1 year later...

OH,Star, how you tease me so. First you impress me with your courage and then you seduce me with your wilder side... Um...yeah. I get a little carried away sometimes... But this truely is a very AWESOME remix. I love Cid's theme, and I wish someone else would do as a great an opus as you did for the first part, (maybe you can write more of it? please??), and the trancey techno under sea palace rules. You don't get much better than this. Actually...I don't think there IS a better...

• 2 months later...

This is my #3 fav song in OC_Remix website! Golly, I've been loving Cid's theme and hope some1 would do a great remix on it. My hope came true with this one, I love it! I usually heard this remix b4 I go to bed, it made me sleep well for some reason :D...it's like u can hear the music song afar in your ears. Gotta love this song people!! My brother is has a very strict taste with music, and he even liked this one :lol:.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

hey dude nice remix man, the change from cid to undersea palace took me by surprise even though I read what songs you put in there lol. It's good dude. I can tell you worked on this for quite some time man. Good gravy! :D

And the orchestral part at the end was a very nice touch, very berry nice touch indeed! :D

• 7 months later...

The transition in the middle section is amazing. At first you have your rendition of Cid's theme and then slowly it builds to something so much more, and then before you know it, you're riding along with the current before you find yourself swept into the final section, that is not only catchy but so full of energy. There is such a huge difference between the beginning of the mix and the end, and it still fit so well together. To sum it up in one word: mileage. Awesome job, Star Salzman!

• 2 years later...

The transition between the two themes here is orgasmic. Well maybe not that sexual, but pretty damn impressive nonetheless. Transitions are make or break in a musical environment, with a stronger tendency to break. Thankfully, the transition was trained to make, and does so swimmingly.

I really love the orchestral workout at the beginning, moreso than the further two thirds simply because there's more melodic territory to explore with Cid's theme and with the great string and percussion work. Techno and the Ocean Palace theme just don't have that strong backbone to keep it from meandering. Still, I loved the entirety; everything makes sense musically and none of it becomes redundant. A stellar mix, overall.

• 2 months later...

okay this is just simply amazing.....no words can describe how well this piece was put together

the production and arrangement is just incredible. this mix is just epic, the piano with the compliment of the viola fitted so well for this mix. The transition to schala's theme was just flawless, very well done. 9.5/10

• 1 year later...

A nicely unexpected rhythmic change ups in the snare got my attention immediately, and the cool syncopated cello helped draw me in as well for the intro. A hard pullback into a full force melody worked really well, and then a more subdued repeat had me on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next.

The counter melody writing was really nice, and for the most part the track was really solid. I'm not totally sold on the shift to 'Ocean Palace'; the modal shift made the song less hopeful and more tragic sounding, and I think it would have been better to have inverted the themes, or had it finish off with a final bombastic coda of Cid's theme to make it a dramatic and uplifting ending.

Either way, the execution on this track is very high, and is a good indicator of why Star's reputation as a premier remixer is so widespread.

Recommended.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00956 - Final Fantasy VII "Cid Sends a Dream to the Undersea Palace"