VARN Industries - SMB Underground Theme

MAN3

Here's a cover I did of the Super Mario Bros. Underground Theme from my newest EP. It was made using my brother's keyboard, a broken-ass single-string ukulele and beats on my computer. I'm not worried about submitting it for any contests or whatever, just figured I'd share it. If you like it, you can download the whole CD for free from my MySpace page (www.myspace.com/man3)...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1Y2QPQZJ

Tripballs,

MAN3

• 2 weeks later...

I just not checked this mix out...errr...yeah. I can't say I like it too much. You have an interesting idea here, but I'm not a big fan of the execution. I like the sort of "edgey, dank, dismal" underground feel it has, but I can't get past that ukulele...it sounds pretty bad in my opinion. It also doesn't line up all that well with the beat.

DJ Metal

I love the occasional PLUNK notes you do on your ukulele.

Seriously, what is this? Sorry if I'm harsh, but hell yeah you shouldn't worry about submitting it to any contests, I tell you, it wouldn't fare very well.

Can you point me at least one second of the song where the SMB underground tune is used? I'm sorry, but I just can't tell. Am I deaf?

How about you pick up a whole string set for your ukulele, and th

...no sorry I just can't take this seriously. Is this a joke tune?

Again, I apologize if I was being harsh. You have A LOT of learning ahead of you.

This is not an OCR track.

3. The source material must be identifiable and dominant.

While interpretation and original additions are encouraged, arrangement must not modify the source material beyond recognition.

The amount of arranged source material must be substantial enough to be recognized.

It's got a cool feel, but there's no source content as far as I can hear.

I like the sort of "edgey, dank, dismal" underground feel it has

thank you...

I love the occasional PLUNK notes you do on your ukulele.

Seriously, what is this? Sorry if I'm harsh, but hell yeah you shouldn't worry about submitting it to any contests, I tell you, it wouldn't fare very well.

Can you point me at least one second of the song where the SMB underground tune is used? I'm sorry, but I just can't tell. Am I deaf?

How about you pick up a whole string set for your ukulele, and th

...no sorry I just can't take this seriously. Is this a joke tune?

Again, I apologize if I was being harsh. You have A LOT of learning ahead of you.

no apologies needed from anyone and none are given from me. i simply was sharing this because of its inspiration, not to take part in any popularity contests. take it or leave, but thank you for checking it out. and as for the ukulele, it will remain in the shoddy condition i recieved it in, i like it better that way...

This is not an OCR track.

It's got a cool feel, but there's no source content as far as I can hear.

it isn't meant to be. it is what it is. no need to have it on any lists or whatever, it fits comfortably on my album...