OCR00957 - Final Fantasy VI "Dancing Madly (Second Form)"

djpretzel

I've had this off of Eloquent's site for some time now, and I must say, it's a great mix. My only complaint is that it seems too mute, and not grandiose enough. During the more dramatic parts (around 2'50"), I felt more sonic volume would help. This is a minor complaint I have with all the forms of Dancing Madly, but eh, the bad is easier to point out than the good. 8/10

Well, I was already "tranced out" before I listened to this remix from another song...so I dunno if I'd be accurate here.

I love the "smooth" (not sure of what is the exact terminology, is it the gated effects that djp mentioned?) effects in this song, they lend to an absorbing remix. I also love the change in the rhythm and melody from the original, all making this a pretty cool techno/trance song that is all in all pretty solid. The only thing noticable someone might complain is the lack of anything heavy, but that is okay.

I like this remix a lot! It sounds so simple at first, but it's still very addicting. It kind of has that German techno sound too. ^^ (It reminds me of "Sprockets" from SNL.)

Edit: I've listened to all four remizes and they're like, so good! I like the style of the third one. ^^

4/10. Here...let's just start off with an analogy:

Men In Black: Men In Black 2:: Dancing Madly First Form: Second Form

For the uniformed, MIB2 really, really sucked. But the first one was VERY, very good.

I just thought this remix was too empty, it just wasn't as detailed as your first mix.

I've gotta agree with elman a bit, it felt a bit more lifeless than the first form. Not as good, but solid enough to make it to 3 stars out of 4. Disappointment compared to the stellar first form can't diminish the fact it's still enjoyable.

I like waxingeloquent's mixtures of classical and techno and "drum and bass". I love the panning on synths and tambourines. The organ patch is the phattest thing I've ever heard in my years of music. It really makes this song both exciting and creepy.

This song just blew me away. I mean the orchestral hits and cymbals just keep in rythum! And the bridge, THE BRIDGE! That really did something for me while I was listening to it. The gated ending was also great stuff.

Just one minor thing. Your drum work volume has improved since the first form remix. But the drum and bass lines are quite a bit repetitive, and if the drum lines change every so often, it's not very noticable. Great mixage though. Keep up the good work though, and I'm looking forward to the third form mix if you make one.

• 4 weeks later...

Not quite so bombastic as First Form, but it I have found that both First and Second Form grew on me a lot - they sound better every time I listen. If you don't think it's so hot, don't delete... give it a chance later on.

Timpanis, cymbal crashes, organ, EXCELLENT! 2:00-2:40 and 3:40-end assuming my player is measuring the time right) however is weak after all that nice dramatic stuff.

If you go to his website you can download the 3rd and 4th parts. They sound a LOT different though, maybe one day he'll meld in some slick orchestra and submit to OCR :) Oh, and a proper ending for that Fourth Form :)

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Cool remix, this one was more advanced that the first one, maybe not by much, but since the first one sounded a little too originish, this one was different. Nice synths, beats, and all those other technomaterial that made this remix what it is, a real good one.

Nice work waxingel...can I call you was? If that´s the chase, nice work wax!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Dunno why I never posted here, but this was a favorite of mine from the first time I gave it a listen. Really creative stuff for back in the day that holds up pretty well. Given some of the synths being kind of vanilla, the production techniques here really gave the piece a unique feel and character. Surprising this doesn't get more attention, especially since it's from FF6.

• 2 months later...

The synths here are pretty bad, but instead of laying down and dying, the mix pulled out all kinds of creative ideas with good panning, lots of un-traditional uses of instruments (love that crazy tambourine), and a lot of layering to get a cool sonic sound. While i'm not personally in love with this mix, I really respect the care that went into making it unique and pretty cool. The kettle drums especially are nice for driving the track.

• 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00957 - Final Fantasy VI "Dancing Madly (Second Form)"