Legend of zelda links awakening remix - ballad of the wind fish

WillRock

I do like this, love the nature effects that were put into it too. The only thing I didn't care for was around 0:35 where it transitions to the full melody..it was cut off a little too soon and it happens again around 1:15, well basically anywhere the melody ends really, that ending needed to be strung out just a tad longer. Felt like the song was being rushed along rather than a layed-back feel that I first felt with this. Overall? I love what you did with it, it just needs to be cleaned up just a little bit in those areas then your fine ^.^

A well remixed track that I'm not sure I've heard the original of. There's enough here that I recognize from other remixes, so I guess it has enough source. Sounds different enough from those, so I suppose there's enough interpretation as well.

There's nothing wrong with it, creatively. The progression is nice, and the sound choices work well.

However, the stereo soundscape isn't particularily good. Snare sample is weak as it is, and when panned dead center with few other drums in there it just gets lame. The other drums, there's toms, crashes and stuff, need more volume, and I advice you to give the snare some slight stereo reverb, something for width. Then again, there's a pretty loud cling sound, could be a ride, that's both loud enough and panned, unfortunately it's too much of them both imo.

The rest of the instruments are better panned, but they're suffering from being a little too fat. While I'm not good enough at EQ to tell you how to improve the drums, I can tell that you'll probably need to drop some frequencies on the other instruments, especially the pad and one of the background synths, just so they don't cram up the soundscape.

I think this works, it just needs some production fixes. I like it.

Ballad of the Wind Fish meets Pocket Tanks! Heh. I think you're definitely on the right track here. The synth melody is really your meat and potatoes---I would expand on it. I realize you're going after the original instruments in the song, but some of them could use tweaking. The pads coming in at 0:11 are a bit loud to be panned so far. And the snare sounds a bit out of place where it is, like Roz said. Have you tried killing the drums at 2:00 instead of 2:18? Ending was great, I don't even think you need the nature sounds afterwards.