FF7 Voice-Over Project Casting Call

The Pezman

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7606.0

Qhimm Forums is a great FF7/8 PC hacking site. They've come up with great programs like the FF7 battle --> field model converter (replacing all the lego field models of the main characters with their battle model counterparts), JENOVA (savegame editor), MIDI patches for improved sound in FF8, and more. Now, they're starting an FF7 Voice-Over project to put into the game. Since many of the projects have gained significant headway, I wouldn't be so quick to assume that it will die off. In the initial thread where this idea was suggested, a user had this to say:

There's plenty of good voice talent who'd probably be willing to work on a project like this. The problem is actually inserting them into the game. You could probably look to other communities for help on voice acting, so you'd get the best results. pixietricks from OCRemix came to mind immediately as someone who could probably voice a female character well, and be willing to do such a project. But like all projects, you need to show you can pull it off and have some charisma to bring in the talent.

So, I guess you've been recommended from the start, Jill. I for one am psyched about this and will be auditioning over Ventrilo (details in the linked thread). I would highly recommend others do as well.

Something like that should either be done really fucking good (IE better than 90% of what we hear in commercial efforts) or not done at all. If I hear any VA less than stellar in RPGs I feel that the experience is actually worse than what it would have been if I had just read text.

Localized japanese games are usually massive fail on voices, even Square who can afford some more reputable actors. Not to mention how long these games get delayed by that.

My secret dream has always been to become a voice actor! This might be the shot I get to make it BIG! Or make it as a background character. Or maybe complain that I didn't get in. BUT NO MATTER WHAT! This is something I'll see through!

I will try out for it. Hopefully my silly "Liquid interviews Psycho Mantis" and "Captain Falcon Abortion Punch" voice overs will suffice as examples... plus a few others.

So if I know nothing about Final Fantasy 7 and want to audition, but know very little about the characters voices, what should I do? The casting call seems to want us to know who we're trying out for, and I'm just confuzzled... are there any examples of the way characters sound anywhere or ... what??

(Yes, I know I've lived in a cave/was in a coma/whatev)

I thought that was some funny shit, by the way. But you'll definitely want to hop on Ventrilo to practice for various chars.

So if I know nothing about Final Fantasy 7 and want to audition, but know very little about the characters voices, what should I do? The casting call seems to want us to know who we're trying out for, and I'm just confuzzled... are there any examples of the way characters sound anywhere or ... what??

The main characters all had voices in Advent Children, Crisis Core and/or Dirge of Cerberus. If you look up videos of those, you can get an idea from that. But there are also open spots for characters who had no appearance, and in that case you have a bit more freedom. As I mentioned, you'll want to come onto Ventrilo to practice for other people. You can find the FF7 script here.

This sounds like a pretty cool idea. People always say I have a good radio voice... (or was it face?) but I can't think of any character I might sound like...

Oh well, I hope they get a good turnout for this...

yes, you have a good radio face

:darkesword:

Thanks for the support guys.

I'm an avid player of the Final Fantasy series and I can guarantee you that the voice-acting will be no less than superb. I'm looking forward to seeing you all at the audtion this saturday/sunday.