OCR Radio (streaming OC ReMixes 24/7)

LiquidRain

• 1 month later...

I can't connect to OCR radio! I can connect ot Rainwave just fine, but everytime I try to connect to OC radio. It just pauses at the connecting part and nothing happens. It eventually starts flickering between 'Connecting' and 'AE2DE7E50B'

Why is this happening?

The US relay is experiencing some difficulties right now. Don't panic - it'll come back online eventually.

Unfortunately the US OCR relay is our largest relay, which causes a chain reaction of people going to the Ormgas Swedish OCR relay or to Rainwave or V-wave. And we simply don't have the capacity on those servers to handle the load, making all stations problematic. Patience, please.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I need a little help running OCR Radio right now. I need some grunt work done: the program that used to keep the radio auto-updated with the latest remixes broke, and I don't have the time to rewrite the program, since I'm hard at work on the next version of the site. (and the new site version would make any fixes to the program completely obsolete)

I need help with:

1. Keeping the site up to date with the latest remixes (and there's a backlog of remixes that need to go up)

2. Posting the OCR albums to the site. It's my understanding that some songs on these albums are also numbered OCR releases, meaning you'd have to weed out the numbered ones off the current radio playlist before posting the albums.

It's tedious, largely thankless ID3 tagging grunt work, but until the new site version is ready it needs to be done. All the other Rainwave staff is too busy with tasks for the other stations or their own personal lives to do this job, we have nobody dedicated to OCR Radio.

Couple side notes, we've added a 3rd relay graciously donated by a listener. It acts as a failover relay in case the primary one has difficulties again. (those difficulties were resolved in under a day, but still...) I've also gotten email notifications of 2 replies to this thread, that should appear after my last post, and yet I can't see them here. (edit: I can see my own post appears here, so really, this is a mystery)

Are any remixer's looking to host an official OCR show/podcast?

I can help!

It would require some maintenance and work, but we are capable of live show hosting. (but not recorded shows) More work on this is being done to make it smoother for the next site version.

Still require help getting remixes up, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
finally tuned into the radio, I had to download WinAMP to do it, but I finally got it....

Yes, that's documented in the help page. We stream in a format that's not supported by major media players. It does, however, sound better at lower bitrates, which allows us to support a lot more listeners. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
dude I am so happy that ocremix radio has returned

now I can go back to compulsively checking my stats

Hahah, glad you enjoy it. :) With the new server I should now be able to focus all my efforts on the next site version. I'm excited to finally have a clean slate to do it.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...