OCR Radio (streaming OC ReMixes 24/7)

LiquidRain

• 6 months later...

Hi, does anyone have a copy of the old Ormgas commercials? They used to play every so often back when the stream was still at Ormgas. I don't think I've heard them while listening to the Rainwave stream. Maybe I haven't listened long enough to hear them, if they are in the rotation. Thanks.

I'll ping Ravon - they wouldn't be appropriate for the current OCR Radio due to references to ormgas.com as well as the name "Ormgas."

But yeah I loved those old things. :)

For reference, you know, we are fully capable of playing ads on Rainwave/OCR Radio. I just need some! If you guys make them, I'll play them! So please make some and give them to me. :D

I have big plans for Rainwave over the next couple of months. Hopefully by the end of September, Rainwave will be incorporating a bit of Turntable.fm functionality. I'll assign DJs to OCR Radio, who can then upload their own music and DJ the air waves on OCR. Should be good times. :)

So far this year, we've launched an entirely new website, added support for DJs, ads, scheduled live shows, made a stable public API, and soon we'll have 2 new stations: Bitwave, all chiptunes, and Omniwave, a mix of all the other stations combined. We've also got MP3 streaming coming next week, so you can easily tune in on any media player or device. (i.e. Android) Speaking of Android, there are Android apps in the works, too. I'm hoping once I nail down DJ support and letting DJs upload music from their browser for easy command of the station, Rainwave might get a bit more acceptance around here.

Oh! I should mention, I will be at PAX, and I do plan to be at the OCR and video game music panels. If you see a guy with a Rainwave shirt, that's me, say hi! :)

Edited by LiquidRain

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi LiquidRain, just wanted to say thanks for keeping the stream going.

Did you ever hear anything on the old Ormgas commercials? I understand they aren't right for the Rainwave stream, but I'd still love to have a copy of them. There was a Phantasy Star one that I particularly miss...

Did you ever hear anything on the old Ormgas commercials? I understand they aren't right for the Rainwave stream, but I'd still love to have a copy of them. There was a Phantasy Star one that I particularly miss...

We don't have them, unfortunately. :( I can check to see if ol' Ravon still has them kicking around, though, but I have a feeling it's a slim chance.

Follow-up post: you're in luck! Ravon still had all of them, and here they are for your pleasure:

http://rainwave.cc/~rain/ormgas_jingles.zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I know there is a function which let you hear internet radios in game. But, I can't import the best radio station ever "OCRemix radio" is there a way to chane m3u files into asx files maybe?

We don't actually control the OC ReMix radio directly. You'll have to ask over at Rainwave if they can provide an ASX stream. My guess would be probably not though.

• 4 weeks later...
I know there is a function which let you hear internet radios in game. But, I can't import the best radio station ever "OCRemix radio" is there a way to chane m3u files into asx files maybe?

I found instructions for adding custom radio stations here:

http://guides.gamepressure.com/eurotrucksimulator2/guide.asp?ID=17944

Open the file "Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\live_streams.sii" and change one of the lines to this:

stream_data[]: "http://ocrstream.rainwave.cc:8000/ocremix.mp3|OCR Radio"

Now you should be able to listen to OCR Radio in Euro Truck Simulator 2.