OCR00959 - Final Fantasy VII "Space Station of the Ancients"

djpretzel

Good stuffs from the mazedude. I expecially like the blending of hi quality synths like the choir and bell with lo-fi squares and saws. Not to mention that sweet "reverse echo" on the whistle-type synth. The percussion really helps keep it interesting, and doesn't play as large a role as I thought it would. I have no real complaints, and have to congratulate mazedude on his 20th remix here at OCR. :D

well, I downloaded this when it was posted in WiP a few months ago, and I still love this remix. This mix has a great, eerie feeling to it, and the the "Space Station" tag is definitely apt, as it almost calls to mind images of deserted spacecraft. Mazedude has been putting out a string of great remixes lately, and this is one of the best.

wow. best remix i've heard on this site. very lush and quite professional sounding. nice and intricate too....evolves nicely and the pauses help to give it a little tension... drives the song along... amazing use of sounds too.. the choirs and electro drums mix very well....

I think the choir in the background is what makes this remix; combined with the bleepy sounds, it creates an unsettling atmosphere. It really sounds like a deserted spaceship, I think...

...at first I had some troubles deciding whether I liked this reMix, but I've made my decision: I love it. Especially the last two minutes are beautiful.

Lately there hasn't been too many really good remixes. I don't know if they're just bad, or maybe I haven't really even played most of the new remixes being posted lately. But wow, this one turned out really good. I'm sure everyone has fond memories of FF7, and I definitely do, but mostly of this song. Mazedude did a great job on this theme, gotta love those Ancients. :)

Ewwie. This song is much to electronical for my tastes, though it does sound like others rather enjoy it, and I can see where they are coming from, but I dont follow that path. It sounds a bit to repetitive to me, but I do enjoy the electronic chime sounds which flow through the song very nicely. But other then that, I really didnt enjoy this song too much. Sorry for the lame review...but...its just not my style. So...in short. If you like electronical songs....listen....if you dont...it probobly wont be worth your time, but you might as well listen anyways, as it definately didnt suck by all means.

Wow... I thought this remix is amazing, never heard anything like it. It's defenetly part of my favorites. I thought that every instrument here, blended in with one another and matched. It kind of sounds like it starts to get repetitive, but then a new instrument just pops in. So, it's very cool.

Worth the download.

The 1-5-8-6-4-5 repeating thing is the soul of this song in both the original and here... the other things around it just expand on the mood, which mazedude does well. This tune lends itself so well to an adaption in this style, too. Also done well is the constant forboding feeling of tension and the unobtrusive charachteristics that would make this work well as background music and not only as a standalone work.

Mazedude has the crown. I've downloaded a lot of his work, and I have to say that he is a damn musical genious. This peice of work right here reassures me that he is on top of things still. There is so much diversity in his art that I don't ever know what he is gonna do next. Everyone could learn from Mazedude, weather you like electronica, classical, trnce, yadda yadda yadda. Listen to his music with an open mind, and you will understand where I am coming from. Good job old chap.

While the original song (and this one, really) brings back memories of a cautious search through the City of Ancients, listening to this song reminds me where that wary caution came from. The ominous undertones, somehow telling the player that timet is running out, can be heard in this remix much like in the original, and you can't help but feel your pulse quicken as this song carries on.

If I had to put for a complaint, it's the lack of overall variation. However, since the original song lacked large shifts, I can't blame the remixer for it. Keep 'em comin', Mazedude!

ahh.. great song, as I've said before I absolutely LOVE Square music.. and therefore.. despise any who dislike it... cept really crappily remixed square music which is different... but this brings back memories of the game I know and loved almost as much as FFVI, really the only thing that could beat out FFVI is another FF game.. if they made a movie based on FFVII though, and used this music and all that other stuff.. I would love whoever they is.

*imagines* Cloud:We must hurry! I can sense something's wrong, we have to find Aerith! Barret: I know, shut your spikey ass up. Cid: #(&!# lets goddamn hurry up!.. you get the picture.. and I'm done talking.

This remix has an amazingly eerie sense to it and really does give a feeling of space and makes you think of a spacestation floating all alone in space. Another great remix by my favorite remixer as of now on this site. Keep up the great remixes Mazedude!

• 3 weeks later...

A haunting work that makes you feel alone and cold. It really brings you to the moment that something was wrong, but nobody knew just what it was. All you knew was that you feared the worst.

The bells/chimes, the echos and the way the melody builds and then falls is very well done. One of my favorites, and I think many other's favorites as well. Excellent remix.

• 8 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00959 - Final Fantasy VII "Space Station of the Ancients"