Has any one heard of the new live action dbz movie?

cfG-21

About Piccolo? Read it here, last time there was a topic about a DBZ movie. And about Goku dieing, i stumbled upon it looking for somehting else on google.

No, about the two sequels being based on DBZ.

But if its true to Dragonball at all then it will have a cheesy plot...

Dragonball doesn't have a cheesy plot.

I gave up completely on this movie as soon as I heard they replaced Krillin with his Mexican equivalent of Teto and put Goku in high school.

I was skeptical from the start considering the whole franchise would be difficult enough to bring to a live-action scenario, but the more I hear about this movie the less interest I have in seeing it. I mean, Goku, the boy who grew up with only his adoptive grandfather out in the boonies of the forest is now your average high-schooler? That isolation was key to his character's aloof, innocent nature. Hell Yamucha was a wandering desert thief, so he doesn't belong in high school either.

I didn't have any problem with Goku being played by a white guy though. He is an alien after all, but Chatwin in no way shape or form resembles my idea of Goku.

The only reason left to see this movie is for the big screen CG Kamehameha.

Don’t worry, that isn’t a spoiler until the next film, and by that time most of you will be too senile to even remember this article. Tim Van Rellim, the producer for the live-action Dragonball movie was interviewed by a mexican newspaper, where he decided to let the cat out of the bag. He states that Goku dies in the beginning of the second film, and that three movies are scheduled to be released, aka a trilogy. So if Goku dies in the begging of the second film that means that it must be the begging of the Saiyan Saga; when Goku gets drilled by Piccolo (no homo).

He also states that the film will hopefully be released in the Summer or October of this year; though this is contrary to the previous statement that Fox had made stating that it was pushed back almost a year. So what is right anymore? Besides Goku dying.

http://www.japanator.com/elephant/post.phtml?pk=7789

Here it is.

Yeah everyone let's all seriously take into account what Mexican newspaper says!

Edit: Who the hell is Tim Van Rellim, anyway? I am pretty sure that the producers of the film are Stephen Chow and James Wong.

Wow, way of being an asshole about it. Ofcourse i believed it. Or should i disregard EVERYTHING that i read, because it might be from an unexpected place; in this case Mexico? :S

i IT'S DBZ

yeah actually, its called "Dragon Ball" no Z.

so it might just be based on the story a little.

also, theres only one thing that can save this movie and thats the action. the way they do that will decide how I like it.

Movies like this one make me so glad i work at a Movie Theatre. i see movies for free (and usually early) so a crappy movie is just a waste of time, nothing else