OCR00313 - Chrono Trigger "Team Gato"

Saunders

LMAO! Mustin is a frickin psycho! This remix/skit was awesome. Back when I used to play Chrono Trigger, I always wondered how Gato's text was supposed to go with the song playing in the background when he told you to "beat me up earn 15 silver points). I think my sister and I even tried to sing it to ourselves a few times. Now my question is answered.

Now, besides the creativity and skill required to write all of these seperate peices, and then perform them, as well as he sense of humor of coming up with the idea in the first place, the thing that really surprises me is the quality of the "skit" portions, with the crowd, the anouncer, etc. It was there in Mustin's Needles Mega Man 3 collaboration, and it's there in this remix. It's not only a good job with the music, but it's a good job with the acting and general production of the intro and outros used to set up the mix. I could easily see it as a skit on Saturday Night Live (if the general public would ever actually get video game in-jokes). Good job guys.

I remember playing Chrono Trigger... I'd fight that big hunk of metal over and over again to get those 15 Silver Points... this remix captures the feel of doing something over and over again, without actually being the same thing over and over. The last style cracked me up too. Hillarious.

• 3 months later...
I remember playing Chrono Trigger... I'd fight that big hunk of metal over and over again to get those 15 Silver Points... this remix captures the feel of doing something over and over again, without actually being the same thing over and over. The last style cracked me up too. Hillarious.

Wow I agree kinda.

Just like fighting Gato over and over again lol this is sorta like background music when you keep fighting him over and over.

Brilliant.

• 1 month later...

I have seen once, on the infinite reaches of this board, Dale or Mustin mentioning the possibilty of Team Gato 2. After seeing the CT OVA, I am more convinced than ever it should happen. With bilingual lyrics. And "You're so weak, and I'm so strong, I knocked your lights out, now run along."

It would be the king of OCR.

"Ah Gonalez!"

• 2 weeks later...

Genius. Sheer creative genius. Two thumbs up, and a hearty recommendation to all those who love excellent remixing.

Still, I have two issues with this mix. First off, the song doesn't include the lyrics "I lost, you won, here's fifteen silver points, wasn't that fun?" anywhere, and there's so many musical genre's the band didn't explore, like Country...Soul...Flemish folk dancing...I dunno, I guess I'm saying that these guys coulda done a little more...

It remains an excellent mix, however, dispite my grumblings.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to tell you I won't say what I LOVE about this mix in this post because it's pretty much been sum up in 3 pages by people before me. What I do want to say is I don't understand why some people are saying this song is funny and nothing else. Before you make a jugment like that really listen to the music they play, they do some mad cool stuff. Please people, the music in this song is what makes it so good, without it, it wouldn't be good.

summary? Bad music = Bad remixes, lirics or not.

This does not impilie when it comes to this re-mix.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, this is awesome. The song is actually rather beautiful in the beginning, I often replay the section from 1:57 to 2:26 because I thought you guys cut it off too soon, I would listen to an entire song of that style.

And that rap section. Music of My Groin didn't make me laugh at all, but I was rolling when this came in. A remix of pure genius. Needs a sequel pronto!

Surprising that I haven't written a review of this, considering it has been one of my favorite OCRs for a long time now. Mustin and Dale, two powerhouses in the Remix scene, with an awesome blend of comedy and damn good music. I love the Ice Cube inspired section. This is a classic - a staple of OCR and a milestone in Dale and Mustin's gratuitous remixing career (along with Needles).

A must download.

• 5 months later...

For being a robot that has getting his butt kicked as a daily job, he can sing. It´s was just a matter of tough crowd. But he did try everything,(or was it mustin and dale?) he tried rap, choir and the usual, but no result.

Let us all learn something from this: If you´re going to stand up for some karaoke, get some real good lyrics.

Oh wait, that wasn´t a sensmoral, that was a statement.

Oh well.

Thanks dudes for this unusual and funny remix.

This was a excellent idea, and a great mix, to say the least. It gets a definite 9/10

BTW, for those who were asking, here's the lyrics:

(crowd noise)

[Announcer] Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together and give a warm welcome to: Team Gato

(applause)

First Part

My name is Gato, I have metal joints.

Beat me up and win fifteen silver points.

(boos and laughs)

Second Part

They call me Gato, I have metal joints.

Beat me up and earn fifteen silver points.

They call me- (interrupted by crowd booing)

Third Part

(phone rings)

[Chick] Hello?

[Gato] What's up, girl?

[Chick] Gato, is that you?

[Gato] You know I'll always love you. 'N' you know I got some metal joints. Are you ready? So, let's go.

[Chick] Oh, Gato.

(YEAH) C'mon C'mon.

They call me Gato (Gato), I have metal joints.

Beat me up, and earn fifteen silver points (WHOA).

They call me Gato, well I have metal joints.

Beat me up, and earn fifteen silver points.

(Slight moan and a chuckle, followed by more booing and laughing)

Fourth Part

[Woman] Uh-oh, here comes trouble.

Biatch! (echoes). Yeah, Yeah-ee.

Hi, my name is Gato (groan).

I got metal joints (Yeah).

Beat me up and earn silver points (What!?).

Beat me up and earn silver points (Yeh).

Do ya think you can take me? (uh-uh)

I'd like to see ya try - BIATCH! (echoes)

You know you wanna earn some silver points (groan).

Yo, that little [blank] Crono. (Yeah, Yeah-ee)

He says to me, says, "Gato! Give up your silver points!" (Hmm)

I says, "Crono, I ain't fighting you amigo.

So put down (What?) your sword and let's smoke this joint."

He says, (groan) "[blank] get your own, I just want my points.

And (What?) to get my points, I'm gonna beat you up."

I says, "Put down the sword, so you can see what's up,

And we'll go at it, punk, I'm gonna [blank] you up!" (Yeah, Yeah-ee)

(music stops abruptly and crowd boos)

[Announcer] That's it, you guys are outta here!

words within parenthesis throughout last part are the background voice... ignore those if you want.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Put down the sword, so you can see what's up,

And we'll go at it, punk, I'm gonna [blank] you up!

Wow. Just Wow. Gato is never going to look the same to me again. The first time I heard this I swore it would never grace my media player again, but it found its way back and the more I listen the more I laugh. The third and fourth parts are the best.

edit:

"[blank] get your own, I just want my points.
I think it is actually 'forget your joint.' Anywho, I figured I would point that out. Back to you, Tom.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00313 - Chrono Trigger "Team Gato"