OCR01722 - Final Fantasy VII "No Such Thing as the Promised Land"

Wow, this is just overflowing with heavy ambiance. I absolutely love it. I also love the sorta how a bunch of parts are all weird and glitchy, skipping around, what an awesome effect.

Seriously, this remix pretty much reminded me to repurchase FFVII. Thank you and best of luck in your future endeavors.

First off congratz on getting this onto OCR. When the ff7 project first got released there were a few tracks that stuck to my mind and this was one of them. The intro is really great and I like the use of ambiance. I also like how you were able to use many layers of sounds and instruments without making it sound to busy. Anyways, overall this is just a great track that is fun to listen to.

This track took me a couple listens to get into initially. But after a couple of listens it has stuck with me these past couple of months since the VotL release.

While it lacks a kick ass melody there is so much detail and work put into establishing the atmosphere that you can listen to the track several times and still pick up new things. In terms of paying homage to the game itself this one friggin rocks. It puts me back into the world of FFVII and reminds me of the some of the dark and cold landscapes of the game. The highlight of this one was def the sound design. All of the dark industrial sounds compliment each other well to paint an awesome sonic picture. Always loved it when the choir and/or piano came in at the right moments to add a natural acoustic touch to the mix. Awesome work dudes.

Heck YESH! This is probably my favorite song off of the VotL project--beating a couple of bLiNd's songs out by a hair, but still a win is a win. And this song is an EPIC WIN of a song--amazing beat work, amazing effects, amazing arrangement...have I said amazing enough times now? Seriously, this is one flawless song--and I've reached this conclusion over several months of listening to the project. Amazing job you guys, Intense Color and NSTATPL are probably both in my top-ten OCR songs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think a track like this can be compared to Hitchcock style suspense, rather than a lot of the more blockbuster style tracks on the FF7 album. It almost plays out like a good thriller, there's only one real spot that it specifically jumps out, but the buildup to that point keeps things interesting until then. That of course would be the killer false ending; it gives you the impression of things being over and safe just long enough for it to jump back out at you. It feels completely massive and works so well, all due to the buildup.

This is really menacing without being completely overblown, and the gritty percussive slashes and heavy piano hits really make it move with a purpose, though it distinctly doesn't sound like it is out to make new friends. Excellent work. :-)

• 6 months later...

One of my favorite tracks from VotL-the mood that it creates is so heavy and perfect, it sends chills down my spine. Everything blends together so damn well...congratulations on releasing such an amazing piece!

It's also a kickass track for working out to.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

One of the best sounding FFVII-Remixes around imho!

Some parts maybe could use a bit more work since it kinda sounds like clipping and distortion but besides that its just awesome!

Heck, i even use this one in my (personal) Final Fantasy VII Music Replacement Package :mrgreen:

Thx for the great work! :)

Cya, Mäxl

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01722 - Final Fantasy VII "No Such Thing as the Promised Land"
  • 3 years later...