What (instrument) are you playing?

MaCe

I am interested do you guys play any instruments? if you do name it and tell how long you are playing...

I play violin and i am starting learning piano does anyone know where to get some online lessons by the way?

(I see there there is a already post like this you can lock)

Pretty much all things relating to a guitar over a period of about 15 years. Picked up a classical acoustic when I was about 7 I think (didn't really take it seriously, was more interested in the TV). In early high school, I picked up the bass guitar for a bit. Late high school, going into uni which was about 4-5 years ago now, my dad bought a nice acoustic guitar for the family (well, I say family but I hog the thing most of the time). Not long after that, I bought myself a couple of electric guitars and have been playing em all ever since. Poor classical acoustic gets neglected though, don't think I've played the thing for about 3 years.

I can play every instrument in existence. I'm just not good with any of them except the piano. I hardly consider it to be something serious, since I can't read notes and play at the same time, and all the songs I know are simply there because I've memorized them in my mind and fingers. I still know how to play all of them, and sometimes I sit down and learns a new tune from a videogame or any song that most of society can recognize, so it's a neat hobby and showoff party entertainment. But serious? Nah.

I've played the Irish whistle for about three years now, if I recall. My favorite two are my Tony Dixon high and low D whistles.

The high D has an aluminum body with a delrin fipple and a brass tuning slide. It's not super loud and can get drowned out in a large session, but she sings in the second octave; bright and clear, with little chiff.

IMG_0289.jpg

My Dixon low D plays one octave lower than the high D and is made completely of polymer. It's sound is quite a bit more mellow, and also quieter. There's a woody hiss in the sound, like it's breathing. It's actually very useless in a session because I can't hear a thing I'm playing. It's nice to play solo, though, especially when I want to play more meditative music. It even does alright with Native American-style music.

IMG_0293.jpg

I play my djembe and congas with my band and I'm learning some basic guitar and bass from my bandmates. I've been messing around on the piano since I was a youngling, but have never really pursued learning it as such. I used to be fairly decent with an ocarina, until I lost mine. I'm dabbling with the harmonica.

Bass Clarinet - 5 years

Piano - 7-ish years, though I only took lessons for the first 3 years

Guitar - 3 years

Harmonica - couple months

I have a couple of other instruments (a cheap drumset, some old recorders and flutes) but I just experiment with playing them.

I've been playing tenor saxophone for about six years in my school band. I took lessons for a litte while, too, but that had to stop because of sports and stuff.

I also am trying to teach myself piano (we'll see how that goes.)

Bass for eleven years. Learned guitar somewhere in the midst of all the bassplaying. But maybe 8 years or so on guitar. And maybe about 5 years of keyboards, but irregularly. I'm learning keyboarding slowly but steadily. Then theres some random percussions and stuff. I always love to try new instruments. Somehow it always takes you step closer to ULTIMATE MUSICAL VICTORY.

I've been playing keyboards for about 14-15 years or so (self-taught). I'm really gonna start working on my piano technique this year! Check out www.jazzpianolessons.com for a few tips, I'm sure it'll be very useful to beginners. You can always use youtube and just type in piano chords/tips/scales and see if you can glean anything - again, for beginners it's great. I wish youtube was around when I first started playing, I'd be a hell of a lot better than I am now lol.