Duke Nukem

magnamoto

I heard about 3D Realms trying to launch the new Duke Nukem (again), than i remembered that there is no remixes of any of Duke Nukem's OST, it is a tragedy because it's a great soundtrack for Heavy Metal remixes and it would be marvelous if any of the great Metal Lords of OCR take part on it, of course it don't need to be only Metal or Rock, if somebody has any other musical idea for Duke Nukem please do speak about it.Thank you.

Other than the title theme, did you have any particular levels in mind? Other than a couple tracks I have in the works I'm looking for something more guitar-oriented to start on, and Duke Nukem seems to be a perfect fit, and something I'm very familiar with.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Definitely not too far back for me. I played through most of the first Nukem, maybe one episode of 2. I've been finishing up two other mixes, and now I think I have my Duke inspiration locked in. Thanks mucho, and I hope you end up liking whatever spouts forth.

There are a few Duke remixes about. MusicallyInspired did a cover of the title theme for a DoD entry quite awhile ago, and CarboHydroM also covered it. housethegrate covered a song from Duke Nukem 2 on his album (which is quite possibly one of the finest video game arrangement albums of all time and should be picked up immediately by anyone that doesn't have a copy. It's well worth the $10. Yes, I'm serious! Get it now!).

And of course, Megadeth covered the Duke 3D theme for 3D Realms' Duke-inspired compilation "Music to Score By".