Golden Sun Plz!!!

titan993

People don't check the Requests forum that often I'd wager, but even then the Golden Sun games were somewhat overlooked and it might be tough to drum up support. The fact that we have only 2 remixes of it is pretty telling. There are games like Mega Man 2 and FFVI that have more than 30 remixes each that still don't have projects. Also I loved the games but to be honest, I don't remember a lot of the music, so maybe that could be the case for others... :|

I'd still encourage you to not get discouraged and to feel the community out. It could succeed as a small project if you are a good organizer and can find the interested parties, but I think probably there isn't enough interest for anything big.

I dunno, man. I managed to scrape together a pretty huge project out of a series that, at the time the project was started, had only four remixes on the site from one game, and absolutely none of the other game. So it can be done.

I dunno, man. I managed to scrape together a pretty huge project out of a series that, at the time the project was started, had only four remixes on the site from one game, and absolutely none of the other game. So it can be done.

Heh, touche. I guess the projects here have not entirely reflected the most popular games either, so maybe that's not the best indicator of whether a project will work.

Heh, touche. I guess the projects here have not entirely reflected the most popular games either, so maybe that's not the best indicator of whether a project will work.

Well, you might be right about the music not being all that memorable. It's not the kind of thing I usually think of when a song pops into my head, I will admit it. But usually when I do think of a Golden Sun tune then the rest just naturally follow.

Maybe I should've checked out the Projects forum-- I didn't notice that Mega Man 2 and FFVI haven't had projects yet. Those are probably higher priority games, even though I'd still love to see a huge Golden Sun project...

At any rate, I clearly need to spend more time here and take a look around. Now is not an ideal time to start another project anyway, with so many good ones coming out soon and/or on the way. Though I'd love to see if any of you (especially Palpable and KyleJCrb) would be remotely interested in contributing to any of that.

Well, let's be realistic here-- mixes for those games were probably long overdue anyway! Phantasia at least definitely had Sakuraba in there, which pretty much means his stuff needs to be covered here.

Which also applies to Golden Sun as well... hint, hint... :-D

kyle was the boss. Kureejii Lea helped with artwork, administrative stuff and remix feedback. joker, andyjayne, PriZm, Christian Pacaud and pu_freak bantered on the forums for about 500 posts worth. OA designed the website using Lea's graphics. Rhyhon whined a lot.

Fixed. Mae is on the Super Dodge Ball project, but was not on SoS except as a moderator on the forums.

As for this project, and projects in general: OA and I were considering writing an article giving some advice on how to run remix projects, but I'm not sure when we might write it. I have a lot on plate now so I can't help here directly, but feel free to PM me questions you might have. I wouldn't mind hearing more Sakuraba goodness, for sure.

ah, shit. there's only like four girls on this site and i mixed two of them up.

kyle, if you and andy ever write a book on project running, i'd be willing to contribute. between RD, pokemon (as a forum admin and major contributer), laproject twice (first as a mixer, then an admin), tetrisphere (that was that one man thing i crapped out on), and something else *evil grin* i think i know why projects fail, at least =) if not anything else.

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd bring this topic back up to the fore front again...

But basically a Golden Sun OCR project should be done, an official one run much similar to how the Tales of Symphonia one was done as well as Street Fighter or DKC games.

Golden Sun is a great candidate since it has a renowned sound track and is greatly under remixed on OCR and over the internet in general. Yet the game was big enough and successful enough that it should've gotten more attention.

With the announcement of Golden Sun DS, I think it would be a great reason to kick start this project, to not only provide a great soundtrack remix, but to also remind people just how great Golden Sun games really were. It would ease the wait for the new title as well.

Surely some people will attempt this, as it would be great to see done... the entire sound track is really long though so even if 50 songs were completed out of all the songs that would be quite a feat.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I for one will welcome any more GS remixes to the site. I rate the Sol Sanctum remix as one of my favorites from what 500+ tracks I have now, projects or not. I look forward to seeing more... I would make some, but I'm not a mixer and have no plans at looking into it right now.

Hard to believe this thread's still alive.

Since I last posted here, I have acquired a respectable but time-consuming/draining job, and I've had no time to work on my music-making skills at all. (Except that I'm taking bass lessons now, but I don't think I'll ever be good enough to use that in a remix or anything like that)

I'd almost forgotten about Golden Sun DS coming out. I almost wonder if it'd be worth trying to contribute to a GS remix project, to try to coincide with the launch of the DS game?

I just wish I'd joined this site earlier, so I have a little more experience under my belt... *sigh* Ah well, that's what I get.