My journey through OCR 1-1000

bladiator

Alright, I've passed through Chrono Cross which was quite the tasty experience (the only video game OST that I own), and now I'm moving into Chrono Trigger. I tell ya, A World Awaits Chrono by J:\ Drive is up near the top of the list for best of the first 1000. I've always liked that one. I'll go write a review for it (if I haven't already .. I listened to that one A LOT back in the day).

Also, I think the Orgmas query would be pretty sweet, as long as it isn't too much work for yas.

Yeah, I ook a similar listen to OC ReMixes an year ago of OCR 1 - 1000 in alphabetical order, and the older stuff definitely is overrated by some in the community. It gives you a lot more appreciation for how much better the quality of the music has gotten here over the years.

Those first 1000 songs made this site what it is today.

In fact, I remember WAY back when when OCR had it's only streaming radio of just the first couple of songs I used to listen to it nonstop.

I started a similar journey. I downloaded every mix individually because for some reason I can't get torrents to work. Sorry about the bandwidth. Anyway, there are about 2,200 songs on my mp3 and I started at H. Now I'm at W. Just road my bike to school yesterday and got a bunch of them listened to. I especially like Wizards and Warriors: Wizards in my Armor (Warriors in my Long-Johns) that I just listened to. After I get done with Z, I'll go back to A and listen to H. It has taken several months to get this far.

Actually, I'll tell you how I did it. I just looked and there are 1110 songs from OCRemix on my mp3 player. When I downloaded 50 or so songs, I primed them to be put on my mp3 player and clicked at random parts on the time bar. Judging from the 5 places in the song listening to 2 seconds for each part, I decided if it was worthy to go on my mp3. Needless to say, there were many that I didn't like. But as I went on past mix # 1000, I was rejecting less and less. I really like the increase in quality that OCR has accepted as the standard. Thanks guys.

Years ago, I listened to every mix old-school style: downloaded them one by one, listened to them mercilessly, and put them into one of four categories (folders): tight, wack, okay, and legendary. Once they took too much space, I compressed them and burned them to CD's.

I was introduced to this site by Antonio Pizza and his brother, who isn't a part of the site (I don't think). The first remix I heard was from Malcos called "Dirty Beta". I also remember frequenting this site before I used the forums, and the layout was mostly dark blue. I spent time listening to artists like DJP, McVaffe, DJ Seith, Nighteyes the Wolf, Malcos, GLL, Bronx Rican, and the two who made "Team Gato", irrefutably one of the best remixes ever.

Ah, this is a fun read.

I did this in high school 4-5 years ago, pretty much. Except I took the id of a song and found the first OC ReMix ever, ShinShurikenJam, and decided to download each song and hit 'next' until I got to the most recent song... so what I did was I made lists of the chronological orders of the songs and put them on regular cds in the order that they were posted to the site. Of course, this was a time consuming process, but it was very rewarding and I ended up finishing work and listening to all of them one by one in chronological order, refusing to listen to any new posted ReMixes until I caught up. I think the process took me (roughly) 56 regular cds to catch up, and then I just continued making OCR cds in chronological order until I bought an iPod and an iPod car adaptor. It was getting so bad that I was able to remember the ID numbers of alot of the ReMixes because I consulted my lists so often. Still, it was way worth it.

Even still, though, I have a habit of listening to each new remix in the order that they get posted; like if there's a period of time in which multiple remixes gets posted, I need to listen to them in chronological order. That'll probably never change haha.

• 2 weeks later...