OCR01723 - Mega Man 3 "The Passing of the Blue Crown"

djpretzel

• 2 months later...

Nice work, boys...I feel like my opinion has already been stated about a billion different ways already, so I'll just...

But damn this is good stuff. Already I feel a twitch as my hand involuntarily reaches for my USB controller. The mouse moves of its own accord and opens the NES emulator...what have you guys done to me?

You've made a mega man FREAK outta me.

• 4 weeks later...
The song is so incredible. It wraps you within a flow that seems to tell a story or portray some kind of notion of dramatic urgency. When listening to it, I feel like I'm witnessing the finale of some astronomical event of heroism. This song feels alive.

Yeah I feel the same way. I actually got led to this song by a Super Smash Brothers Melee montage. But when I saw where it came from, I was like this doesn't even sound like a damn OCReMix. This is a really incredible piece.

• 1 month later...

This song is truly incredible. I've been listening to it many times over, and it really just sweeps me off my feet every time. I've been looking for something like this for my remake of the intro from Megaman 2 (I know it's not the right song for it, but the blue bomber awesomeness just fits it perfectly), so maybe I should just get cracking on that...

Great work all of you!

• 2 weeks later...

Freaking Awesome.

I love the transition from the piano to the wailing guitars.

This mix is so dynamic, powerful, epic, and made of win that it drips pure awesomeness.

If you aren't downloading and listening to this song now, why aren't you?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I mean it! I'm not even familiar with Mega Man, but when I saw the dramatic title on the latest ReMixes list, I thought I would have a listen...

Not a waste of time, but in fact the complete opposite. I love this ReMix, and it will always be one of my favorites, alongside Sonic 1: Metamorphic Rock, and other metal mixes >:D

Yes, I'm a metalhead :o

This was awesome. When it's done correctly and it fits, slowing a song down a good bit could really change the mood of the whole tune. That's what happened here. It seemed more like a journey coming to a close instead of the intro that was intended in the original, and I suppose that idea goes along with the title really well. Very dramatic. The guitar work and percussion are both excellent. The softer piano and violin give this a nice contrast that isn't too harsh and gives the song a nice flow. The piano improv at the end, though short, was an especially nice touch to break up the repeated segments as the song faded out.

Speaking of which, I listened to the original, and I could tell that it could open the door to being too repetitive since it's a song that moved like this (ABBB...). A good many game titles move like that. Luckily, with everything mentioned above, you kept it very interesting for me. Very well done.

• 2 months later...

I really love this remix. I have in my youth gone thorugh almost all of the Mega Man games and this intro has been my favourite music part of the series (and indeed one of my favourite pieces of music from games). I think that over the years I have listened to most of the arrangments and remixes the webb has to offer but this wonderfull colaboration sets a whole new standard. It is always great to hear a good track being remixed properly but when, like here, the soul is kept intact and ascends to a new higher plane it´s just... monstrously awesome!

This ladies and gentlemen is how a remix should be performed!

Thank you for a great remix :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Linkin Park? not a fan.

This is well done though. Great guitar playing and the mix sounds exactly like it's what it's trying to sound like. And I can respect all the effort going into that, even if I would have gone in a polar opposite direction.

I don't have much else to say, though, cause I usually wouldn't touch this kind of music with ten foot pole (remix or not). Makes me think of all the times I was in public places and forced to listen to the local FM station (shudder).

Edited by ella guroa

I think this is my favorite rock song on the entire site. The level of emotion played out by the time the track is over is really surprising... every chord and note is extremely powerful and makes you feel involved in the urgency of the song. All the little embellishments contribute to the mood as well, and all sound flawless. I'm glad this one got resubmitted and made as good as it is today, the extra effort paid off in a major way here!

One of the best remixes out there, this one should not be missed!

• 1 month later...

Excellent mix - very good ballad feel to it. The song sounds so full of lament in the middle .. it sounds like the performers are in emotional pain while playing it, and it rocks!

I'm just wondering if anyone else heard echoes of Guile's stage from Street Fighter in this song. At about 1:32, I heard a phrase that sounded very much like it could have been from a Guile remix.

Can you imagine Mega Man in Street Fighter? Not the Capcom remix stuff ... I'm talking old 8-bit mega man vs 16 bit Guile. Sonic boom vs. pea shooter. But I digress. :)

Anyway, bravo on the great remix! Very "moody" - in a good way.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01723 - Mega Man 3 "The Passing of the Blue Crown"