Is it just me, or does the A major scale sound really weird?

I never really played scales for practice or anything, I just learned them years ago, and I completely stopped playing them afterwords, I woke up this morning and decided I should check up and see if I remember them.

So i was going trough the scales and I went from C, to G to D, and then A, the 7th really really stuck out and it bother me, I was wondering If i'm just hearing shit, I don't know, I found it interesting and thought I would let you guys know.

if it was a piano, maybe you need to tune the G# strings. There are one, two, or three strings back there for every note, For instance, if you hit the G# fairly high up on the piano, there are actually three G#'s playing. Look inside piano to see that the G# hammer is hitting three G# strings and tune them to each other and the piano.

if it was a piano, maybe you need to tune the G# strings. There are one, two, or three strings back there for every note, For instance, if you hit the G# fairly high up on the piano, there are actually three G#'s playing. Look inside piano to see that the G# hammer is hitting three G# strings and tune them to each other and the piano.

Yeah this is a good idea, just tune your piano without knowing anything about the instrument. Never mind calling professional piano tuners, they're only after your money.

or you could, you know...try it in a different octave, and see if it's the same.

Yeah this is a good idea, just tune your piano without knowing anything about the instrument. Never mind calling professional piano tuners, they're only after your money.

Use a pipewrench to fit on those pegs... all those fancy piano tuning tools are just a cash-grab.

Well said Tensei-San. The little string stopping sponges and wrench tools are only $10 and it is easy to tune a "really weird G" back into tune when the rest of the piano is fine. professional piano tuners are rip offs.

edit: see the pipe method above

Well said Tensei-San. The little string stopping sponges and wrench tools are only $10 and it is easy to tune a "really weird G" back into tune when the rest of the piano is fine. professional piano tuners are rip offs.

edit: see the pipe method above

Tensei's being intentionally sarcastic, I think, basically saying, it's a great idea that you play around with your piano without understanding what you're doing and why it's like that.

When I said I went from C to G to D etc, I was talking abuot major scales, not individual notes. I did this on a digital piano, so it can't be out of tune (Atleast more than likely ok? -_-)

It just feels like it's not the a major scale or whatever, there is defanantly something weird about it.

anyways, to snappleman, I don't think I've done anything serious enough to get banneed, I started this topic with serious intention in mind. People are telling me it's just me, but when I hit that seventh note I completely stopped and said "wtf?"

You must've hit a wrong note then, because the only difference between an A major scale and other major scales (besides the exact notes that you play, obviously), is the subtle tone coloring that generally differentiates sharp keys from flat keys.

When I said I went from C to G to D etc, I was talking abuot major scales, not individual notes. I did this on a digital piano, so it can't be out of tune (Atleast more than likely ok? -_-)

It just feels like it's not the a major scale or whatever, there is defanantly something weird about it.

anyways, to snappleman, I don't think I've done anything serious enough to get banneed, I started this topic with serious intention in mind. People are telling me it's just me, but when I hit that seventh note I completely stopped and said "wtf?"

What note did you play?

You must've hit a wrong note then, because the only difference between an A major scale and other major scales (besides the exact notes that you play, obviously), is the subtle tone coloring that generally differentiates sharp keys from flat keys.
I think you hit it right on the spot, though, I knew about this before you posted it, and took it into consideration. the thing that bothers me is that it's nether pleasent or unpleasent sound, it's just a really peculiar sound, like it just dosn't belong there. at all. I hit the notes before and after it and I just can't find myself satisfied