Is it just me, or does the A major scale sound really weird?

Damn one time I was "whammying" on it with the tuner peg lol.

jesus tapdancing christ

i mean

jesus

tapdancing

christ

edit:

learn quickly about physics stuff like string tension and why a piano is not like a guitar, also, there's a very good reason why you shouldn't touch the strings with your fingers.

I made this topic because I was looking for any possible answers as to why the A major scale came off sounding as weird as it did.

how am i suppose to know what is going to be treated as a joke on these forums? or any music forums for that matter... 99% of you folks possess way more knowledge/skill/expierance in every single aspect of music then I do.

I have devoted so much time and effort into increasing my abilities, knowledge,etc on the subject, but no matter how much I learn it always seems that i'm lightyears away from being able to have any type of true communication with any seasoned artist, like the many on this website. I don't know when the hell i'm actin' a scrub! O_o

Why is it that you feel the need to post sarcastic bullshit, point fingers at nicholestien, and treat him like he's some sort of clown? If this type of stuff is the only things you got to say just don't type in the thread. >_>

I said it once, and I'll say it again, I'm dedicated to music and I've been studying it, I know which damn notes are in the A major scale. o_o

I made this topic because I was looking for any possible answers as to why the A major scale came off sounding as weird as it did.

You are certain you were playing it right? Equal temperament isn't an ideal solution, but there's no reason why it should sound weirder than anything else.

how am i suppose to know what is going to be treated as a joke on these forums?

Questions that start with "is it just me" are answered with:

"yes, it's you. Your point?"

"no, you're worrying about something completely irrelevant".

It's not like the A major scale changed radically so it's your observational skills at work here.

I don't know when the hell i'm actin' a scrub! O_o

You say you don't know anything and then make replies like this gem.

I said it once, and I'll say it again, I'm dedicated to music and I've been studying it, I know which damn notes are in the A major scale. o_o

Then it's probably your tuning mode. Or mind-altering substances. Or sleep deprivation.

You say you don't know anything and then make replies like this gem.

I noticed I was quoted in that post at the time but I never actually read it until now. Hoo boy.

Nicholstein, unfortunately you've habitually presented yourself in a sophomoric way which has turned most people off from taking you seriously. I'm glad you're showing some humility now, keep that up and we'll be less reticent to help you.

It's not too late, but there's a lot of damage to undo. Just be delicate in how you present yourself.

cheers.

edit: I'm gonna zap you with one of my synths.

I knew that Yoozer would qoute my post, segment by segment.

That's the way you're supposed to quote. It's good etiquette on newsgroups and carries over wonderfully on forums. It keeps things readable and comprehensible.

Quoting someone's entire post to say "lol" or "+1" > fail.

Quoting someone's entire post and adding a wall of text below > fail.

Putting your answer above someone's quoted post > fail.

Youtube Video

I love that piece. Have to give credit to my ex (a violin player in Toronto) for getting me hooked on Shostakovich. My parents never listened to anything more musically complex than Chopin. Actually, you're from Toronto too, aren't you? If you go to U of T, you might know her and her husband; they both graduated from their masters at U of T last April (2007), and from their undergrads in 2005, and they're good friends with my wife and I. You know anyone with the last name Loewen (her) and Andrews (him, a pianist)?

I noticed I was quoted in that post at the time but I never actually read it until now. Hoo boy.

Nicholstein, unfortunately you've habitually presented yourself in a sophomoric way which has turned most people off from taking you seriously. I'm glad you're showing some humility now, keep that up and we'll be less reticent to help you.

It's not too late, but there's a lot of damage to undo. Just be delicate in how you present yourself.

cheers.

edit: I'm gonna zap you with one of my synths.

I really hate doing things like this, makes me feel like i'm sucking up and kissin' everyones ass. But since I respect your mad synth skills I shall give it a serious attempt.

I won't turn into some kiddie if thats what your hoping though, I'll won't spam, and try to be productive with all of my post, etc, which basicly means I'll make a post about once a week.

(I'm going to post a bunch of little snippet works i've been making recently, check em out, there aren't that many, 5 at the most.)

see what I mean? >_<

I just now said that I would give it a serious attempt alright, <_<. You should give me more than 5 minutes to back this up.

Sorry, it wasn't clear that's what you were talking about--I thought you meant you'd give a serious attempt at replying to your criticism.

The thing that makes it a major scale is the set of intervals. All major scales have the same intervals between their degrees. Not sure if you knew that, but yeah, A major is technically no different than any other major scale.

Not originally, no. I'm from Kingston, and actually went to Queen's there too because my clarinet teacher works there. I'm done with that now, so I got the hell out.

Don't blame you. My brother was at Queen's, and I was never impressed with the city when I went to visit.

I really hate doing things like this, makes me feel like i'm sucking up and kissin' everyones ass. But since I respect your mad synth skills I shall give it a serious attempt.

I won't turn into some kiddie if thats what your hoping though, I'll won't spam, and try to be productive with all of my post, etc, which basicly means I'll make a post about once a week.

OK humility isn't necessary, just some self-consciousness will do. We help those who help themselves. As long as you're making an effort you'll earn some patience.

best of british to you.

jesus tapdancing christ

i mean

jesus

tapdancing

christ

edit:

learn quickly about physics stuff like string tension and why a piano is not like a guitar, also, there's a very good reason why you shouldn't touch the strings with your fingers.

Wait why don't you touch the strings with your fingers?

Also I have heard of people laying paper or different materials over the strings to get a different sound. Is that ok?

Your fingers are coated in greasy acidic stuff which will corrode the hell out of the strings. Wipe your forehead. You see how they're shiny? Yeah, that stuff.

Something like "prepared pianos" is best left to pianos that aren't expensive, aren't very dear, or ready to be trashed anyway.