Original Work Question

TheKennedy

I know this site is dedicated to remixes of gaming music, but will they also host incidental video game music? I am working on a video game soundtrack but of course there is no actual game. I just always wanted to try and make one and figured this would be a great place to host and let people listen. So do the admins let non remixed work get posted?

thanks in advance

-thekennedy

I don't think OCR will ever expand to hosting original video game music. However, there are lots of people on this site that write original game music, so if you're looking for music for a particular game project, you can post a thread here. Just remember... we get a lot of people posting who have little more than a game concept or early prototype, and few other resources. If you're looking to recruit people, keep the following things in mind:

1. You will ALWAYS get more interest if you are offering direct compensation.

2. Commercial games tend to attract more people than mods and freeware (everyone wants a pro credit.)

3. The more screenshots, video, and design docs you have, the better.

4. A pro website and an existing team is helpful.

You can always post your links over at the OCR WIPs: Non-ReMixes forum, and add links to the thread in your signature for publicity. Of course, since Mr. Aversa was the one to suggest it, according to the forum rules, only posted ReMixers are allowed to post their non-OCR projects in the Community Forum. (Though this seems to apply to music projects only, I think it applies in this case of incidental music not attached to a specific project.)

However, if you're looking for a host for your music, you can always ask a few of the other forum members for hosting. Doulifée and Reminiscence have been known to help out people from time to time.

Just remember that if it's not a Video Game Rearrangement, it's not going to be hosted on OCReMix.

I know this site is dedicated to remixes of gaming music, but will they also host incidental video game music? I am working on a video game soundtrack but of course there is no actual game. I just always wanted to try and make one and figured this would be a great place to host and let people listen. So do the admins let non remixed work get posted?

thanks in advance

-thekennedy

Short answer: No. You don't really need a long answer.