LURKERS: Choose a forum avatar and let me know why you like it

Liontamer

I'm just a big fan of our ongoing avatar project. (For any total n00bs, those are the little character icons next to people's forum names). Thanks to the help of our users, we now have nearly 1200 different choices for everyone to use.

So, particularly for any lurkers or non-registered people out there, fire up that forum account, pick an avatar and lemme know why you chose it! Depending on what you pick, you're likely to have a unique choice that no one else is using.

I've got Bowser pictured from Tetris Attack. He's a great villain, and he's got a great evil look on him here. I figured it would be appropriate to pick a villain, as being both a mod and a judge, I'm thus a scourge of the community!

I chose Sam because, well, I was looking through the avatars available and just happened to stumble upon him.

That, and I've always liked him - he's always calm but deadly sarcastical/cynical, something I wish to be at times too.

Oh, and trench coats are cool.

The Commander Keen games kept me sane as an english-speaking first grader in a school that taught classes in hebrew exclusively. They were the first games I ever played.

So, yeah. I chose the avatar out of sentiment mostly.

The original Earthworm Jim on SNES was one of my favorite games for a loooong time. I loved the irreverence of it, the good gameplay, and the animated graphics are great. I was also drawn to the music (still am). EWJ was also the first time I tried drawing other cartoon characters as practice and it helped solidify the development of my own drawing style.

So yeah - sentimentality mostly.

It's like offering an olive branch to all the unregistered users out there....only to be shot down by the more l33t of OCR. Not sure why I picked Cloud, probably cuz of some mild fanboyism for the game. Been thinking of changing it but it's been unchanged for 4 years, has some sorta sentimental value now.

Originally, I used Mega Man X and then Protoman, but tons of people ended up using them for awhile.

So I switched to Isaac, from Golden Sun. Mostly because Golden Sun is one of my favorite games *ever* and I actually liked him as a character (Crono Syndrome is part of his character, before anyone makes comment). And I'll probably keep this one because I like it.

Eggplant wizard and I go way back, but we haven't always been the best of friends. When we first met, his intimidating stare and ability to turn me into an eggplant both gave me nightmares, and made me never eat an eggplant. I was bitter for a long long time.

21 years later, I have finally realized what a service he was doing me, since eggplants aren't especially tasty.

Thank you, my friend; we shall never be apart again.