LURKERS: Choose a forum avatar and let me know why you like it

Liontamer

It's Daedalus from Deus Ex. A brilliant game. Especially as throughout the game, you have no idea who Daedalus is, and whether he's working for you or against you, especially as the entire game focuses on whether you can trust it.

I think I previously had Magus, but that simply wasn't original enough. I've noticed as I read these forums that I've entirely associated the person with the avatar, I check the avatar first then if I don't recognize it then I'll read the name, for this reason I'm glad that there are so many avatars, it's easy to find one that is unused, but still suits you in some way.

I chose Shadax from Solstice (old nes game) because he's shady and mysterious, also I was trying to play the game recently and put in the cartridge only to result in a messed up jumble of colours on screen with the title track playing, the tune was catchy and I decided to listen through it until a loop, I sat there for at least three minutes, an insanely long song for an intro track (that will almost certainly just be skipped over instantly) for a game with almost no music in the actual game, next time you load up old solstice, give the intro track a listen.

I picked the main character from a NES ROM I once played titled "Lickle." I'm not sure if this was the English name of a game actually released in English or a poor translation of the game's Japanese name. Anyway, it was definitely the most awesome ROM game I "stumbled" across and hadn't heard of before trying it out.

I'm a pretty big lurker. Been around OC ReMix for a fair amount of time, finally decided to add an avatar a few days ago.

I chose... Sonic~ Because he's awesome and I've liked him since I was like... young, lol. Chose this specific pose because the foot tapping thing is pretty amusing, I do it sometimes.

I chose the hero from secret of mana. I always named him Glitch, but apparently his standard name is Randi... bad name. I have always viewed SoM as one of the best games made for SNES, and, I dont throw this one around often, even better than Zelda. I see my character as more of a Tails, but , uhh, Randi, hrm, was just so much more of a badass.

I'm not exactly a lurker, but nor do I post very often. Regardless, I hadn't picked an avatar, so I went ahead and grabbed Sayo-chan/Pocky here. The reason:

When most people think of the SNES, they think of Super Mario World, Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, etc. But I always find that when I'm in the mood to play the SNES for a bit, Pocky & Rocky tends to be the game I grab the most often. It's like the pure distilled essence of the 16-bit era. Great sprites, fun gameplay, decent challenge, two-player mode.

Also, because there aren't any Ys avatars.

I picked the main character from a NES ROM I once played titled "Lickle." I'm not sure if this was the English name of a game actually released in English or a poor translation of the game's Japanese name. Anyway, it was definitely the most awesome ROM game I "stumbled" across and hadn't heard of before trying it out.

Yeah, I came across that game in the same way... Probably because it was such a weird title. But it turned out to be a fantastic game! It was actually released in English as Little Samson, and is one of the best sleeper hits/underrated NES games out there. A bit of a Megaman clone but you can play as four different characters who have different strengths and weaknesses. Great level design too. Definitely worth checking out for platformer fans.

As for my avatar I chose it because I love Castlevania and the ghost is one of the coolest looking enemies from the game. Plus I made and submitted this avatar! Didn't realize there were so many new avatars... You guys have been hard at work!

Well, here I am. You managed to pull me out of my dark little corner. Until now I had never even chosen an avatar. I think the last time I looked there were something like 20 to choose from...

Anyway, I picked the good commander because as a young child, beating the first one was one of my life ambitions. All my older siblings had done it, and I was determined to be as cool as them. After a few years of growing up and off-and-on playing, I was able to beat it, and boy did it feel good. I do remember being somewhat disappointed at the ending though. It just seemed so anti-climactic. Anyway, there you have it.

I really like this thread. Gives people like me an excuse to actually post something, and it's fun to see all the non-regulars as well as the familiar... faces? Maybe not, but the names and sigs are though I guess.

• 2 weeks later...