Final Fantasy IV DS

XZero

Well, dang, I must've missed the Cry augment.

And where is this omni-cast business? I'd sure like to find out.

That said, I'm on the robot CPU right now and his laser of doom kills Edge and Fusoya in one hit, everyone else in two. And of course Fusoya has the good grace not to gain any fucking stats on level-up, not even in HP. What the hell, seriously.

Funny thing is that I made it through those behemoths with relative ease, but once I got to Bahamut and saw the timer counting down that bloody fast, I proceeded to do what I always did when facing off Bahamut in FFIV: I reflected everyone at lightning speed. It just turns out that doesn't work as well...

It was the equivalent of a sucker punch.

Yeah, always cast slow, getting it in before bahamut reflects is very helpful. Omnicasting blink works wonders for behemoths. I need to level up a little more before I dive into the crystal palace. It's nice that they gave edge a few more ninjitsu, but I still don't use them save for smoke or mirage. Throw is where it's at.

Is it just me, or does Edge have an awful defence? Honestly, attacks like Icestorm from the blue dragons would give about 500-800 damage to everyone, except edge: He'd take anywhere from 1300+, and that's with the best armor for him that money could buy, or I could find. He wasn't that wimpy in the original.

Edge's Defense is decent enough, it's his Magic Defense that's terrible. The "best armor that money can buy" doesn't give him much Magic Defense, either, so you should probably find a lighter armor that's better for that if you want him to survive heavier spells.

Throw in a "fuck you" for the Red Dragon miniboss guarding the Crystal Gloves, too. I spent an hour roaming around only to suffer death at his constant Thermal Ray spamming.

Berserk and slow the fuckers, then wail on 'em.

The thing about that is that since I considered support magic all but irrelevant in the original FFIV, I never even thought to use 'em 'til yesterday.

I was stuck in the final dungeon for about a week because of that, but last night I beat the game and it was worth it. I just wish they had mixed up the ending a bit. Got the limit break augment and I'm probably going to start another playthrough this week

Throw in a "fuck you" for the Red Dragon miniboss guarding the Crystal Gloves, too. I spent an hour roaming around only to suffer death at his constant Thermal Ray spamming.

He got me too. :(

Zeromus was incredibly easy. I'll only used the counter attack and level up augments as well. Just play it safe and you'll beat him in no time. Buying a couple Fuma Shurikens alwats helps as well! :)

Did anyone get the crystal sword yet?

Crystal Sword? If you mean Ragnarok, then I totally missed it. It was half because I forgot where I was and half I just wanted to get through the final boss since I was at lvl.70.

As for taking down Zeromus(which is apparently pronounced Ze-RO-mus), I just had Edge throw EVERYTHING, Rydia hasted and casting Bahamut, Rosa slowing him down, and on standby heal, Kain was in the air at all times, and Cecil used focus and attacked every other turn. The real trick was knowing when he was going to use big bang, which pretty much kills your party. The trick is that he always rumbles before using it, so right then, cease and desist your assault and start defending pronto, or you're gone. At one point in the battle he uses Meteor, which is a clear sign that he's about to bite it. I don't think anyone other than Rosa(high SPR) and Kain(in air) survived that blast.

Anyone know what's so special about Onion Gloves? I got them from the the tail-collector guy and they don't seem to do much of anything. They appear to offer no defense or magic defense or any other easily seen side-effects. The only thing interesting I have noticed about them is that they carried over from my first playthough to my second one. Anyone know?