music missing in action

Patrick Burns

Released soundtracks from movies and games can't always cover every minute of music written. For game fans, there's usually some way to obtain the music, but it's not always the same with film.

In any event, what are some of your favorite songs that can't be found on the official soundtracks?

One of my favorites from Halo: here

It starts playing in the middle of Assault On the Control Room while you're moving through the series of octagonally-shaped rooms with all of the sleeping grunts.

Roar! from Cloverfield hasn't been released on any soundtrack. No idea how they came to that conclusion.

It did come out on ITunes three months later because the demand surged, but I've never used them. People who want a real copy are still out of luck.

Title: Samurai Champloo

Song: Counting Stars

Artist: Nujabes

There are a lot of movies where this happens, but often the songs that do not appear on the soundtrack can be found pretty easily. This is particularly the case with Tarantino flicks (Kill Bill is a good example), but man the anime Samurai Champloo sure had a ton of great tracks that didn't appear on any of the original four Japanese soundtracks. Another great missing song from Samurai Champloo is "Your Purpose" by Fat Jon. I couldn't find it on Youtube, but it's easily found on iTunes so give it a listen!

Chuck Norris driving a truck full of rescued musical notes would be something...

I realized this is basically a favorites thread, but if it has any use otherwise I guess it's ok.

But .. it's only about music that's not featured in an official soundtrack, nor does the music necessarily have to be your favourite track. So I think it would be pushing it to say that it was a favourites thread. lol.

Hm.. OMG POCKET TANKS ! Trust this forum to bring back more random memories from the past.

PS: lol @ Atma's post.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing Banjo Kazooie:

In Gruntilda's Lair, the music stays the same, but there are some different instruments and patterns according to where you are in the lair. I absolutely loved the theme outside Click Clock Woods...the one happy part in the whole "Gruntilda's Lair" theme is in harmony when outside Click Clock Woods...it caught my attention like a streaker at a football game.

Edit: found the theme

Standard Lair theme - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VmFr8XXlrg

Click Clock wood theme - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDeYP2RutJE