Since when is there an MGS novel?

Maco70

Since when was there a novel? Since when did someone think they could make more money by putting out more merchandise?

Honestly, there's a point where a company should just stop and think "is there really any point to doing this now? Do we really need that extra half million from this last bit of blatant marketing?"

I know the answer will always be yes, but god damn it...

I'm almost damn certain there was a Bionic Commando one they missed...

Since when was there a novel? Since when did someone think they could make more money by putting out more merchandise?

Honestly, there's a point where a company should just stop and think "is there really any point to doing this now? Do we really need that extra half million from this last bit of blatant marketing?"

I know the answer will always be yes, but god damn it...

Yeah, nevermind the possibility that someone may have truly wanted to novelize the Metal Gear game for the sheer joy of doing so. If you think such a concept is ridiculous check out my sig.

Besides, I can't imagine a lot of people buying this.

LOL:lmassoff:

Back on topic, I hope the book doesn't suck.

If you've played the game as many times as I have, then you probably don't need to read it. But if you're enough a fan of Metal Gear, go for it.

I still have yet to play MGS 3....

Guess I'll cheat and watch the cutscenes on Youtube....

Sorry to revive this, but I picked it up today so I thought I'd comment. The stealth action of the game does NOT translate well to a book. I'm only on chapter 7, but so far the novel has consisted of random chatter (actually close to the original dialogue as far as I can remember it at least since I only really remember the "finish the mission and I'll let you see me naked" line), then sneaking past/killing guards, repeat about 5 more times and that's where I am. It's kinda interesting from a story stand point, but the game isn't... actiony... enough to really get a good read. When the point of the game is avoiding conflict, it just kinda makes a boring read.

Sorry to revive this, but I picked it up today so I thought I'd comment. The stealth action of the game does NOT translate well to a book. I'm only on chapter 7, but so far the novel has consisted of random chatter (actually close to the original dialogue as far as I can remember it at least since I only really remember the "finish the mission and I'll let you see me naked" line), then sneaking past/killing guards, repeat about 5 more times and that's where I am. It's kinda interesting from a story stand point, but the game isn't... actiony... enough to really get a good read. When the point of the game is avoiding conflict, it just kinda makes a boring read.

This was my main gripe with the Halo novelization. Direct conversion of any gameplay (except for maybe tabletop RPG's) to a novel just does not translate very well at all.

"oh, shot some guys here, strangled a couple there"

Good info. Let us know when you make it through the whole thing.