Mega Man 9

lazygecko

• 1 month later...
Actually, if I recall correctly, Mega Mans 3-7 had roman numeration for the title screens

Which always struck me funny since they were always referred to as 3, 4, 5, 6 ,7 instead of the the roman numerals, where as in the GB games it's the roman numerals.

But hey so long as it's comes out, they can name it 0b1001 if they want to.

The achievements are pretty awesome. Some of my favorites:

• Don't miss with the Mega Buster and clear the game
  • Beat a/all bosses with only one pixel left of energy
  • Clear the game without taking damage
  • Clear the game without picking up more than 8 energy pellets
  • Reach a boss' room without shooting
  • Fight a boss for 10 minutes

After an hour of trying, I finally managed to beat a boss (Concrete Man). Came really close to beating Splash Woman, but kept dying against her. At any rate, despite being ridiculously hard (Mega Man 2 hard, not Mega Man X6 unfair-infatuation-with-spikes hard), Mega Man 9 is probably the best $10 I ever spent.

Best post I saw on GameFaqs this afternoon:

Poster # 1

I just fell in a pit and died on Plug Man's stage :(

Poster # 2

I wish I could fall in a pit and die on Plug Man's stage :(

Endless Attack - 300 Wii Points - Sale Date: 10/6

- "Test your skills on a stage without end. Try to break the record for getting the farthest. Results will be displayed in the Rankings. Not compatible with Challenges."

Hero Mode - 100 Wii Points - Sale Date: 10/20

- "Play the game with a more difficult level of enemy distribution. Not compatible with Rankings or Challenges."

Superhero Mode - 100 Wii Points - Sale Date: 10/20

- "Play the game with a super difficult level of enemy distribution. Not compatible with Rankings or Challenges."

Proto Man Mode - 200 Wii Points - Sale Date: 10/6

- "Play the game as Proto Man. You can use the shield while jumping. Some of Proto Man's abilities may differ from Mega Man's. There is no story for Proto Man. Not compatible with Rankings or Challenges."

Special Stage - 100 Wii Points - Sale Date: 10/20

- "Gives you another Time Attack Stage to try, including a new Boss at the end! Results with be displayed in the Rankings. Not compatible with Challenges."

Assuming this isn't some kind of joke, this is why I hate the concept of DLC. All of this should have been in the game to begin with.