Mega Man 9

lazygecko

Anyone else notice that the bubble riding part in Splash Womans stage was taken straight out of Wave Man's stage in MM5? They even used the exact same patterns for the first two screens!

Yes, I noticed immediately. Also, the changing of colors on the screen was inspired by Crashman's stage, I think. I also think the big red lava beams were inspired by those in Quickman's stage. By the way, it's a hard game. I'm thinking of beating it again to get that 3 day in a row achievement thingamabob.

Ok, either I'm WAY out of practice on platformers (quite possible), or this game is just hard as all hell. I've never died so many times in such a short period of time. That said, I'm having an insane amount of fun with it. Never thought I would enjoy the thorough stomping I'm getting at the hands of this game, but it's the best $10 I've spent on software in a LONG time.

My god... How does one go through the game without missing with your buster, boggles the mind.

So me and my friends thought of something interesting. Basically you can just not miss on splash womans stage, then just use the trident for most of the rest of the game. (ANd any other weapons you choose to use) because it says nothing about not missing with other weapons.

I'm on the first Wily Castle section. Loved it so far-avoided reading almost everything about it, so everything was a surprise (especially some of the boss weaknesses, but some of them do make sense...).

It's pretty tough, even by megaman standards, but I am loving every minute.

I wonder if someone could help me out-the instant death lava bits pouring from the side on Wily's Castle 1-how do you get past the second screen of them? I can't see the timing stopping long enough to Rush coil through them :?

Technically you can get over to the safety of the middle platform and Rush Coil when all the beams are done (the timing is very difficult, but still possible), but maybe you should see what Concrete Shot does to them first... I personally had trouble even with that method, though, and was glad the midway point was next to those bot-generating pipes because I could just use Jewel Shield to farm an extra life out of them every time I died.

I was stuck there for maybe an hour before I figured out the REAL solution. I put it in spoilertext because the "DUH" moment you get when you figure it out is priceless:

When you first enter the room, there's no lava! I'm serious! Get to the top by whatever means you want before the top one has a chance to fire.

Also this game gives new meaning to the words "flower clock". Not that "flower clock" had a meaning before...

I wonder if someone could help me out-the instant death lava bits pouring from the side on Wily's Castle 1-how do you get past the second screen of them? I can't see the timing stopping long enough to Rush coil through them :?

Put in spoiler-text for the courtesy of others:

You can temporarily solidify them using Concrete Shot. More detailed strategy follows in next paragraph if you're still stuck.

Come up the ladder, wait for the bottom one to stop, hop onto the lower platform in the middle, wait for the bottom one to shoot by and stop again, jump onto the right side, fire Concrete Shot when the bottom lava beam gets near you. Then hop onto it, face right, and fire concrete shot at the next beam before it gets to you. Hop onto that one, fire a shot on the topmost beam, jump onto it, and make your way to the ladder closest to you. It's incredibly tricky to get the timing down, but you'll get it eventually.

Hope that helps!

Thank for the help guys, once I figured out what conrete shot did to them, I was set. I was thinking it must be something to do with one of the power ups, but stopped thinking about that after realising there were no environment changing ones like a time slow (fiddled with Tornado Blow a fair bit lol).

I'm a bit irritated by the lack of saving between Wily levels, which I guess is nothing new, but with the easy save feature, it really would've been nice. Seems a bit silly how dying/continuing keeps your place, saving and quitting doesn't.

Mega Man 9 is awesome! Beat the 8 bosses on the first evening, and had trouble at the 1st Wily Stage until figuring out that C. Shot froze the lava beams. The ending (like the rest of the story) was pure cheese, but that's part of the fun. A lot of nice retro touches here and there. Just about through it for the 2nd time (took me 27 min to beat the 8 bosses this time around, so I'll see if I can get that "achievement" for beating the game in under an hour). I though black hole bomb was the most unique new weapon, and Magma Man had the coolest design of the new robots.

Looking forward to some MM9-related OC ReMixes when our fine ReMixers get around to them.

So, I've waited all the way until today to decide. Since I can only sample the 360 version (the wii doesn't do trial games), can somebody who has tried/bought both tell me which version to purchase? My special reason, is based on how the game LOOKS, not on how it controls. I could care less about analog sticks/d-pads. I want to know which game looks the best, based on comparison to the first classic 6 games.

Short Version: Which version looks best BASED ON CLASSIC FEEL?

I thought that due to the complete lack of need for technical specs (the whole game is done in simple nes sprites) the graphics would be exactly the same for all systems, there was no reason for them to change it if all systems could handle it the same.

Answer; IIRC they're all exactly the same.