Mega Man 9

lazygecko

I love Plug Man's stage, got my Heavy Metal and Speed Metal achievements there. Almost can get Hard Rock but I find it easier to get Hard Rock in Tornado Man's stage.

ps

If you start Wiley's stage, finish it. You can't save after beating a stage and return to that latter stage. Or my game is bugged, wouldn't be a first neither.

I'm playing the 360 version for the achievements and honestly, it's still a very good version. I won't mind a Wii version, but the anti-aliased 360 version is not bad in any means. The d-pad issue is also pretty overblown as I see it. It plays fine as is. I don't even have a functional standard definition TV anymore, so it'd be sort of moot to force the Wii version in my HDTV anyway. I guess it'd fit much better on standard def from what I've been hearing.

Also, I don't think the game is considered tough simply because some people have never played the classics. By FAR this is the hardest Megaman game I've ever played with the exception of Megaman 1 maybe. I never played a Megaman game with so many spike traps and very lengthy pitfalls with little room for error. Having Rush Jet makes things much easier, but this game has a lot less room for error because of the liberal usage of spikes. It's almost as if most of the normal levels are like some of the Wily levels from Megaman 3-4 with spikes literally being everywhere.

I am playing Megaman 2 recently and most of the stages are outright benign compared to MM9 design. So nostalgia/newage gaming issue is almost moot as I see it. MM9 really IS that difficult.

I thought it was the hardest at first, but I don't think so anymore. Mega Man 3 is still scary hard, especially when you have to fight the Mega Man 2 bosses again. Also, if you purchase the items from the shop (Mega Man 9), you can have a great advantage in the Wily stages. But I would say that it's at least the hardest Mega Man game after 3.

Just finished it this morning -- while it's definitely harder than most of the rest, I think that the difficulty is about on par with the revisited stages in 3 (as has been said above).

Still, the list of challenges is going to keep me coming back to it for a long time. Double Trouble seems to be the easiest of the "whole game" achievements to do, so I'll start there this afternoon.

This game is brutally enjoyable.

Don't know how I will ever beat the final boss without E-tanks though. I felt pretty good getting by using only two on the final boss.

Well, I certainly believe that this game was worth the 10 bucks I spent on it.

This game is brutally enjoyable.

Don't know how I will ever beat the final boss without E-tanks though. I felt pretty good getting by using only two on the final boss.

Well, I certainly believe that this game was worth the 10 bucks I spent on it.

Definately worth the $10.

Well I finally defeated Concrete Man! :razz:

I thought it was the hardest at first, but I don't think so anymore. Mega Man 3 is still scary hard, especially when you have to fight the Mega Man 2 bosses again. Also, if you purchase the items from the shop (Mega Man 9), you can have a great advantage in the Wily stages. But I would say that it's at least the hardest Mega Man game after 3.

Megaman 3 simply didn't have the number of spike traps MM9 seems to have. I can breeze through Megaman 3 pretty easily. I can't say the same with MM9. I mean, all Megaman games are difficult by default. But the damn spikes and insta-kill stuff is what gets me in MM9. It's almost too much in some levels. Play Megaman 2 and the only thing that usually gets you killed are the enemies.

Megaman 3 simply didn't have the number of spike traps MM9 seems to have. I can breeze through Megaman 3 pretty easily. I can't say the same with MM9. I mean, all Megaman games are difficult by default. But the damn spikes and insta-kill stuff is what gets me in MM9. It's almost too much in some levels. Play Megaman 2 and the only thing that usually gets you killed are the enemies.

I can agree on that, it seems that when I play stages I can fit them into two categories, the ones that you don't need to worry about the health bar because of the large amounts of instadeath, and the few that actually pose the risk of killing you with enemy hits.

I've been playing this game pretty heavily over the course of this weekend, and I am now able to pass the first 8 levels on a single continue with zero shop goods.

If i stock up on etanks (the final boss is just too much for me) I should be able to get the under 60 min achievement, maybe I'll even get the almost perfect one too...

Also, I vote Galaxy Man as easiest boss/stage.

So After playing the demo for a long time. I got this and I have to say that... this is one frustrating game... But I love the 8-bit feel... Companies could make some serious money by doing this to their classics... Im looking at you metroid. oh and Galaxy man is the easiest boss.

I can agree on that, it seems that when I play stages I can fit them into two categories, the ones that you don't need to worry about the health bar because of the large amounts of instadeath, and the few that actually pose the risk of killing you with enemy hits.

I've been playing this game pretty heavily over the course of this weekend, and I am now able to pass the first 8 levels on a single continue with zero shop goods.

If i stock up on etanks (the final boss is just too much for me) I should be able to get the under 60 min achievement, maybe I'll even get the almost perfect one too...

Also, I vote Galaxy Man as easiest boss/stage.

I simply think the development team went a bit overboard with the instakills because they do realize that spikes = difficulty. But I sorta missed the laid back aspect of oldschool Megaman games where you mostly need to worry about the crazy enemy behaviors instead. I'm starting to get the hang of it though, and a few stages, I can probably start making serious speedruns.

And Galaxy Man definitely resembles the oldschool types of levels a bit more. Much less brutal and actually much more classic than the other stages.

though despite how many instakill spikes there are, I still really like this game, because the gameplay engine is just so solid that after a while you can whiz through the level without worrying too much about how much life you have for the boss's crazy attack patterns, though even then, once you have the right weapons, things get easy there too, though Concrete Man is still pretty hard to do if he throws off your groove.

Also, I cant believe how much time I spent playing Tornado Man's stage. It's a good thing the music is so good for that stage, or it would have driven me mad from the difficulty of all those timed jumps.

do you know what I hate most about this game

when I tell people that I've died or I'm frustrated, there is always one person who thinks it's a good idea to tell me how much of a simple time they had doing whatever it is that pissed me off

someone did this IRL yesterday and I threw a desk at him

edit:

<Bleck> 'wily phase 2's weakness is concrete shot'

<Bleck> YEAH GOOD THING I HAVE NONE OF THAT FUCKING LEFT GOD DAMN

<DProject> well you shouldn't have wasted it

<DProject> the lasers really don't make you use all of your c.shots

<Bleck> HEY

<Bleck> HEY YOU

<Bleck> FUCK OFF

EDIT 2:

[18:35] <DProject> you know you could've just kill yourself and have all your cum shots filled to the max

[18:35] <DProject> then play again and not fail so much

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF